Digitrax Wi-Fi Module: Anyone Familiar With It?

ATShinkansen

I’ve been eyeing the Digitrax LocoNet Wi-Fi Interface (LNWI) module.  Does anyone know if this is compatible with JMRI?  I’m currently running WiThrottle through my laptop.  This module can connect directly to WiThrottle, but I would also like it to interface with my laptop as well, in the same way the laptop currently does with the layout.

I’d like my railroad’s network to be self-contained so it’s not dependent on the house network (I’m thinking ahead to when I can take the layout out and about).

I have an LNWI but am not using it from what it sounds like you want to do.  I have it plugged in to my DR5000 and it lets me use WiThrottle apps on my system.  The DR5000 is set to Z21 mode.

On 11/6/2022 at 1:39 PM, ATShinkansen said:

I’ve been eyeing the Digitrax LocoNet Wi-Fi Interface (LNWI) module.  Does anyone know if this is compatible with JMRI?  I’m currently running WiThrottle through my laptop.  This module can connect directly to WiThrottle, but I would also like it to interface with my laptop as well, in the same way the laptop currently does with the layout.

I’d like my railroad’s network to be self-contained so it’s not dependent on the house network (I’m thinking ahead to when I can take the layout out and about).

I would try to track down a RPi3+ as it will serve you better than a LNWI. I can't believe the prices of them now but there are a lot of people

have them lying around. I would look around first....

You can VCN into the RPi from your laptop as well. Its the better option in my opinion.

Inobu

• Like 1