RhB - World's Longest Passenger Train

Tony Galiani

1 hour ago, Madsing said:

That would be a 12.7 meter long train in N gauge… anyone interested?

In one box from Kato!  😁

• Haha 1

I just received my November Continental Modeller which mentions the "upcoming" attempt to run a 100 car train (since it was published before the event).  It mentions that not all of the units would be powered.

It also mentions that Pecorama was going to try and replicate the event on the same day on their Swiss meter gauge layout and had successfully tested an 86 car train.  Though this was not an exact duplicate since the Capricorn units aren't available in HO.  Their train was a collection of assorted meter gauge stock.  I tried checking the Pecorama site to see if they actually succeeded but couldn't find any info (so far).

Ciao,

Tony

Edited by Tony Galiani
Grammor error
  • Like 1

I pulled out all of my RhB stock, but too bad, the whole consist including freight cars is just 555 model-meters long which is not enough for a world record 😞

I see I should have cleaned the rails beforehand 🙈

Edited by katem
  • Like 3

Just received my December Continental Modeller magazine.  Apparently the attempt to emulate the RhB train on the same day was successful.  They assembled a 107 unit train which was over 20 meters long.  It ran two laps of the layout which is 28 meters long.  Maybe another world record?  Though this model train only had two powered units - one in the front and one midway along the train.

Ciao,

Tony

• Like 3

Wow only 2 power units?! I’m amazed. Usually quite a bit of rolling resistance around curves to get going. What shape was the layout?

jeff

• Like 1

No idea I am afraid.  The Pecorama web site has remarkably little information.  In fact, I could not even find a blurb about this on the site.  You would think they would have publicized it a bit better.

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Peco can be very odd on occasion. I'm convinced they're waiting for Sydney Pritchard to return and don't want to make any rash decisions in the meantime. 

• Haha 4