DIfference between N700S formations -> Tomix 98757/98758 & Tomix 98424/98425/98426

Shinjinkun

Hi!

I am interested in getting a full 16-car N700S formation, but I have seen that there are two tomix models that look exactly the same to me.

Could you tell me what are their differences, please? Are they the same train, but with different packaging, or is there a real difference in the cars?

Thanks!

S.

98757/8 is the JR West version whereas 98424/5/6 is the JR Central version. Both sets have the logos of each company.

Beside that, 98424 will have the running number per-applied whereas 98757/8 will be fully user selectable.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, disturbman said:

98757/8 is the JR West version whereas 98424/5/6 is the JR Central version. Both sets have the logos of each company.

Beside that, 98424 will have the running number per-applied whereas 98757/8 will be fully user selectable.

Ohh, I see... I always forget that every JR company is different technically, and not part of JR Global.

So, apart from the company logo and the running number, they should be virtually identical then, right?

I would assume so, yes. From a performance standpoint they would be the same, both are equipped with the new M-13 and were released close to each other.

My own preference would go for 98757/8 for the ability to fully choose the running numbers, not have to deal with an unnecessary packaging, and my slight preference for JR Ocean over JR Orange.

• Like 1
On 9/23/2022 at 9:01 AM, disturbman said:

I would assume so, yes. From a performance standpoint they would be the same, both are equipped with the new M-13 and were released close to each other.

My own preference would go for 98757/8 for the ability to fully choose the running numbers, not have to deal with an unnecessary packaging, and my slight preference for JR Ocean over JR Orange.

Great! I would probably go through 98424 route, as I want to buy a second starter pack, and this is the only one with a starter kit. Thanks for the suggestions 😄