Today’s odd buy

cteno4

This tee shirt showed up today. I’m sure most will look at me and wonder what the hell is that, but be too polite to ask…

jeff

952374EB-2F37-4BC2-AE7C-11DE94DB4D47.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • cteno4 pinned this topic
13 hours ago, cteno4 said:

This tee shirt showed up today. I’m sure most will look at me and wonder what the hell is that, but be too polite to ask…

jeff

952374EB-2F37-4BC2-AE7C-11DE94DB4D47.jpeg

Where did you get it?

Mrs Railsquid has on occasion ordered clothing for me online via a Japanese import website or similar, inputted an appropriately large "X" value for Japan, and the item which turned up was actually scaled in US "X"s. The highlight was a shirt which was literally big enough for both of us (and Mrs Railsquid is towards the larger end of the Japanese scale herself).

Slightly back OT, I have just splashed out on a second "OLFA" scalpel, so I can have one with an older, slightly blunter blade which is still very useful for carving off minute bits of plastic etc., and one with a nice sharp blade for cutting stickers and stuff. To save the hassle of switching blades around.

This kept popping up on my social media feeds and since I’m moving and will have a new desk / workbench - I thought I’d get one. Will use mine for tools and parts. 

D884A1AC-7277-4546-8809-969832BDC5B4.jpeg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, katoftw said:

Seem them as tissue boxes. But stationery holder is better.

That’s available too, agree a pen holder is much better. They have blanks that you can have customized.

I'm not sure that using "Evergreen" as the lead or main photo for advertising given the proclivity of "Evergreen" run container ships to get stuck  (Suez, Chesapeake) 😂

But it is a cool pencil holder.

• Haha 3

Somewhere right now, a small child is experimentially flushing one of those Evergreen ones down the toilet to "see what happens" ;).

I found that the similar, Japan-sized ones available from some 100 yen shops fit just nicely into a little shelf thing also acquired in a 100 yen shop:

100-yen-containers.thumb.jpg.f2602c905c0dc31d442303d44cc22cb0.jpg

• Like 4

I got my container pen and business card holders.  I will be using them for tools and small bits on my workbench.  I will be modifying the compartments to hold more and different tools. They’re pretty neat. 😁

69340DFE-F210-46BE-8FEF-460176024757.jpeg

C240511A-801D-4FEE-8672-45FE5C7E1608.jpeg

946CD1AE-E833-47CF-9DA1-DB23A99859C2.jpeg

AA3CBD93-EBFF-4F99-A3D4-073FE510113D.jpeg

• Like 7

Did anyone else get the Mizuno Bat made from recycled N700 Aluminum? I’m a big fan of Mizuno and obviously I love Shinkansens so was a no brainer for me. Thank you to Nariichi for ordering one for me. 

IMG_9182.jpeg

IMG_9185.jpeg

IMG_9187.jpeg

IMG_9188.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Did anyone else get the Mizuno Bat made from recycled N700 Aluminum? I’m a big fan of Mizuno and obviously I love Shinkansens so was a no brainer for me. Thank you to Nariichi for ordering one for me. 

Amazing to think that he N700 is old enough to having worn out trainsets and have them be recycled.  I remember not that long ago seeing the first N700 on a test run in Shin-Osaka, a few months before their switch to revenue service.

• Like 2