Jump to content

My Port line


Englehart

Recommended Posts

This is inspired from our defunct line Port line/ Muelle De la Indutria line of Phil Nat'l Railway

(pictures are almost non existent) it will be connected to this factory, some warehouses and the cointaner port

 

283309146_10209729729196104_345926786514629068_n.thumb.jpg.b056e0ca4fe9fbf9b3ad459e7aeb417c.jpg

 

I am currently building by module starting with the station

everthing will be almost scratch built stations, houses. etc as now similar prodcuts available online 

 

station design is styled after this as well station scenery

image.thumb.png.f1ef69e865c6ae13c29793db7e7f207b.png

 

while along the line it will be similar to this

 

image.thumb.png.a94a8d52a367c6290e13d590e1df9ec1.png

 

so far this is what I've done so far 

 

298719353_781819463241309_8487250609486093332_n.thumb.jpg.c4e0c2f063381da323a3a738ae9c61c9.jpg

298629298_1461519247696685_2576248439464597643_n.thumb.jpg.273ae6e428fb2cd55a49626655050eaf.jpg

298971071_1155821791665481_8412164194199333015_n.thumb.jpg.a3cef3c3cda038dc59c7d54dfe7a1407.jpg

 

station are built from air dry clay. the roof pillar i might change it thick paper for uniformity it's hard to mold the clay for small pieces

 

track gauge is at 6.9mm

 

Feedback is highly appreciated

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Stuff like Sinatra and cardstock are a lot easier to use for stuff like this than the polymer clay. The colored scrapbooking cardstocks are nice as pretty easy to cut and they have color all the way through the material. You can even use it to wrap a Sinatra base framework.

 

cheers

 

jeff

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Stuff like Sinatra and cardstock are a lot easier to use for stuff like this than the polymer clay. The colored scrapbooking cardstocks are nice as pretty easy to cut and they have color all the way through the material. You can even use it to wrap a Sinatra base framework.

 

cheers

 

jeff

i've used the clay to smoothened the sides later i might use it instead later on for the brick station office 🙂

Link to comment

Might try light colored cardstock to wrap the Sinatra to get smooth sides and sharp corners. Even construction paper can have some interesting texture at scale, just have to look for more regular building colors, but sometimes kids pads of it are in earth tones or other color sets that work well for buildings. You can fold it against a steel ruler edge to get nice sharp corners as well.

 

also the dollar store is a great place to look for odd little bits of things to use in modeling. Just have to walk around looking at stuff for not what it is but what it could be at 1/150 scale.

 

cheers,

 

jeff

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Might try light colored cardstock to wrap the Sinatra to get smooth sides and sharp corners. Even construction paper can have some interesting texture at scale, just have to look for more regular building colors, but sometimes kids pads of it are in earth tones or other color sets that work well for buildings. You can fold it against a steel ruler edge to get nice sharp corners as well.

 

also the dollar store is a great place to look for odd little bits of things to use in modeling. Just have to walk around looking at stuff for not what it is but what it could be at 1/150 scale.

 

cheers,

 

jeff

thanks i'll try that 🙂

Link to comment

after a month of nothing

 

finally made some progress

 

rails handlaid now in placed now in 6.5mm - z gauge (hassle reason) station now made from carbboard 

Thanks @cteno4 for the suggestion

 

309049921_4256361354589646_1125109541649640470_n.thumb.jpg.946da9f8afed317768f6d22b66591020.jpg

 

 

modifed a bogie for the looks 🙂 in comparison with a standard one

309080491_472122718191714_7333173470770822926_n.thumb.jpg.8082429f262b903792ee8e499173bdef.jpg

 

modified bogie on the track

309193460_1125786998040152_1604860466740542244_n.thumb.jpg.41780787810a407a205e8b4cfa81d348.jpg

 

modified a generic aliexpress tree (before on the left after on the right)

 

309258908_1323134438438012_988526767189845709_n.thumb.jpg.5b1443e024eaea70fd9d8c35edfdf47b.jpg

309049921_4256361354589646_1125109541649640470_n.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment

the converted bogie ins talled 

 

309289430_616521420017738_5579748664799308193_n.thumb.jpg.3f86e7d03c0c4ea8576412c1f8352afb.jpg

 

309137520_409695517906487_1800951903795671630_n.thumb.jpg.49df3a7814e14d5a8104341972f21cbf.jpg

 

all it needs some fine scale wheels

Edited by Englehart
add details
  • Like 1
Link to comment

latest progress before going to sleep

 

309431810_5789269781129057_2162585006549880676_n.thumb.jpg.951657ca18da25dcc71314b4a6680fb3.jpg

309293224_408281941456587_4327280738129666215_n.thumb.jpg.568d91dfccea5423565d0d894bd4073a.jpg

 

my reference in street view  the line is on the left already abandoned

image.thumb.png.cec5a99e69433ba3d2936cac68c246b8.png

Edited by Englehart
  • Like 5
Link to comment

I made a pedicab out of no.24 staple wire and tie wire for trackside details 

 

309648753_3287406494867112_8365100614257892357_n.thumb.jpg.e94689dfae6ae8772583052ab6874d0e.jpg

 

my reference photo:

 

image.png.bbd4942aaf7aae057338186e0698871a.png

 

 

also the prototype by bending wires

 

image.thumb.png.57db7cf4bec15a47b5c9f78a93176d20.png

  • Like 6
Link to comment
11 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Nice pedicab and barriers! Staples are a very handy material to work with.

 

cheers

 

jeff

 

 

behind those barriers is a clogged drainage 

309672353_594949499083751_3052179545355397319_n.thumb.jpg.344afd8a9eaa8d8db3b5c9355edd84dd.jpg

 

😅

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, disturbman said:

Interesting technics, what are the buildings made of? You used clay again?

different materials

 

carboard stock for the sidewalk

 

for the corrugated roofs and walls (the blue structure) i've used aluminum foil and brown art paper and used this kind of comb to make it corrugated

image.thumb.png.f5368e96640e162d2a9e0e7cf4240a4b.png

 

this is how it looks when pressed

 

310256366_1174588543158817_4800252496540101537_n.thumb.jpg.1c65ef0fb8e3e061107db33f71f591db.jpg

for the others folder paper, board paper, toothpicks, staple wires no. 24, and for the other details like the softdrinks cases i've used some scrap sintra cut to smaller pieces then painted it 🙂

 

and the clay will use on some crack concrete areas 🙂

Edited by Englehart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Nice, if you want to make finer pleats in corrugated tin try a rough wood rasp, it’s worked well for me.

 

do your craft stores or dollar stores (these seem to the all over the world now) have the fun foam? It’s 1-2mm EVA foam. Flexible and easy to cut. Makes a nice substrate for painting or sheathing in colored paper. Not stiff like sintra. Sometimes a source for Sintra is your local retailer as many of those point of purchase signs and little stands are made of it (sintra’s main use is as a printing base) and some will let you take then when they chuck them. They can also have the styrene faced styrene foam core as a structure or printing base. That stuff is thicker but ultra stiff and great for things like diorama bases, light stiff and no issues with moisture.

 

fun trick with the fun foam is to use it as your road and paint with thick acrylic craft paint (the color you want) and add some powdered plaster to it. You can then push down on it gently in places to make cracks. You can accentuate the cracks with a little chalk powder lightly blown into the cracks and the rest blown off and seal. The fun foam is nice as you can also pick out some potholes or have a hole being started for road repair.you could also make structures with the fun foam and paint the same way to make cracks.

 

cheers

 

jeff

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Nice, if you want to make finer pleats in corrugated tin try a rough wood rasp, it’s worked well for me.

 

do your craft stores or dollar stores (these seem to the all over the world now) have the fun foam? It’s 1-2mm EVA foam. Flexible and easy to cut. Makes a nice substrate for painting or sheathing in colored paper. Not stiff like sintra. Sometimes a source for Sintra is your local retailer as many of those point of purchase signs and little stands are made of it (sintra’s main use is as a printing base) and some will let you take then when they chuck them. They can also have the styrene faced styrene foam core as a structure or printing base. That stuff is thicker but ultra stiff and great for things like diorama bases, light stiff and no issues with moisture.

 

fun trick with the fun foam is to use it as your road and paint with thick acrylic craft paint (the color you want) and add some powdered plaster to it. You can then push down on it gently in places to make cracks. You can accentuate the cracks with a little chalk powder lightly blown into the cracks and the rest blown off and seal. The fun foam is nice as you can also pick out some potholes or have a hole being started for road repair.you could also make structures with the fun foam and paint the same way to make cracks.

 

cheers

 

jeff

haven't thinks of thos rasp since I don't have it yet

 

for the fun foam yes I can source it online, yes ifind the sintra foam very stidd but great at structure fill 🙂

 

i'll try that on my 2nd module since that will require cracks and asphalt like road

Link to comment

Nice! One hint if you end up running your trains over this kind of ground cover between the tracks you should put a piece of tape across any of exposed gear openings on the undersides of the trucks. These are like little vacuums to suck schmutz up into the truck gears. In this case it maybe sticking right up into the exposed gears.

 

cheers,

 

jeff

  • Like 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Nice! One hint if you end up running your trains over this kind of ground cover between the tracks you should put a piece of tape across any of exposed gear openings on the undersides of the trucks. These are like little vacuums to suck schmutz up into the truck gears. In this case it maybe sticking right up into the exposed gears.

 

cheers,

 

jeff

i did test run my 103 on it. indeed it was touching the gears, fearing it will trim the grass the service got suspended 

 

thanks for the tip! i'll cover the gears later

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...