Seishun 18 Kippu - Tokyo to Hiroshima by Local Trains in One Day

Tony Galiani

Tony Galiani

I have been enjoying Solo Travel Japan's ferry travel videos and he has recently traveled around Japan by bus, plane and train as well.  Here, he demonstrates how far he could go in one day - in this case, from Tokyo Station to Hiroshima by local trains starting a bit after 5:00 AM and ending just before midnight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0V3A8pkjac

Not sure I would have the confidence to try this (or any of his ferry trips for that matter) but I enjoyed watching it.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

• Like 4

On my first visit to japan in ‘84 (as a solo intrepid grad student) I tried to ride as many ferries as possible even for just a day trip somewhere and back for a quick visit to a non tourist town and a boat ride (it was late august so H O T). One was a hovercraft ride. Some actually were included with japan rail pass. Figured if i screwed up on schedules worst case was I stayed the night in the destination town.

Wish I had kept a journal if the places as I’ve forgotten most all the specifics, but all fun and easy adventures. Luckily that trip had virtually no planned itinerary as I only learned I could go like 5 days before I left! Made for a wonderful time just wandering with almost nothing planed in advance. Fortunately the scientific meeting that got me there was in kyoto and they rolled out the total red carpet for us for a week and got to see all the best stuff there almost privately, so the rest of the trip was more relaxed as a wanderer having seen a lot of the biggies as a vip first.

jeff

HankyuDentetsu
2 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

I have been enjoying Solo Travel Japan's ferry travel videos and he has recently traveled around Japan by bus, plane and train as well.  Here, he demonstrates how far he could go in one day - in this case, from Tokyo Station to Hiroshima by local trains starting a bit after 5:00 AM and ending just before midnight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0V3A8pkjac

Not sure I would have the confidence to try this (or any of his ferry trips for that matter) but I enjoyed watching it.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

Big fan of Solo Travel Japan's ferry videos too, Tony, and thought this was a great video! He's got a few other train and bus related videos along side the ferry content - it's all good stuff!