Neon Noir Designs

Kamome442

55 minutes ago, Kamome442 said:

Hi @SL-san sorry that was me being a numpty and not ticking a check box on Etsy, it should work got you now.

Could you check that box for Germany too, its not working as well.

Cheers

@Wolf Unfortunatly I cannot sell to Germany at the moment. I need to be a registered company with a VAT no. to do so. I am not at work this week so it is one of the things I am going to sort out. Please message me with an items you want and I will put them aside for you. 

It is just an online registration so hopefully it won't take too long.

Joe

The postman has just delivered the barriers.

I am going to set up the light box in a minute and take some pictures. In the mean time here is a sneak peek:

326259754_Screenshot2022-08-23at11_02_22.thumb.png.ea111eb98f05d30f1d088c08d4e62ecc.png

• Like 4
15 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Someone (I think in Germany) sells some truck and maybe car side view mirrors. I think it was @lighthouse maybe that’s used them? I went looking for them a couple of years back and they were pretty pricy to ship to the us. They may have also done train windshield wipers. Yes bus and truck side views would be great!

let’s see a license place would be about 1mm X 2mm, and we would expect full license plate info on it of course! 😜

maybe license plate frames? Have to be careful what we say around you…

jeff

@cteno4 Jeff, yes i orderd some etched parts in Germany from the small company FKS Modellbau. But they can´t deliver any parts at the moment. I always wanted to reproduce some parts for busses, trucks, cars and trains in the next time, after i finished the next big offensive project.

@Kamome442 if yo need help for selling your stuff, i have a small company called TrainSetter 😁

Regards, Ulli

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

Hi @SL-san sorry that was me being a numpty and not ticking a check box on Etsy, it should work got you now.

Joe

Thank you...I have now placed an order through Etsy.  I am really looking forward to getting the manhole covers as I have seen lots of amazing ones in Japan!

Regards,

Graeme

I will post that out today for you Graeme. There are some awesome manhole cover designs in Japan, I am hoping to create a lot more over time.

• Like 1

Time to choose your spirit animal!

Barriers are now available, link in the first post.

1114651557_Screenshot2022-08-23at16_04_01.thumb.png.16d26542ef79f1fbaa171e51daaf8c96.png

I will be adding 4 of each design to the next bulk etch for anyone who just wants a couple of each design.

Joe

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Kamome442 said:

Time to choose your spirit animal!

1114651557_Screenshot2022-08-23at16_04_01.thumb.png.16d26542ef79f1fbaa171e51daaf8c96.png

I will be adding 4 of each design to the next bulk etch for anyone who just wants a couple of each design.

Joe

Look great, Joe.  I just ordered four which you can ship with yesterday's order.

Thank you.

Dave

Got your order @Dave K, I have missed the post for today but I will get them sent off tomorrow morning. Nice profile picture by the way, the 700 series is a lovely design.

• Like 1

Finally going to get my hands on these etched goodies! Just placed my order for a bit of everything. I don't have any specific plans in mind for what I'll use these for aside from the signs, but you can bet I'll find some excuse to include all these details in my upcoming projects, haha. 

• Like 1

Thanks @arkh I will look forward to seeing them on future projects. Do you have any nippers yet? If not I can always cut them off the sprue before I send them to you.

• Like 1

I don't have any yet that will work for this purpose but there's a couple of photo-etch-specific ones that I was looking at. Actually, do you have any recommendations for a specific brand or style?

And that's really nice of you to offer but I wouldn't want you to waste time on that! I'll definitely get some soon so I can properly get out the pieces myself. 

• Like 1

I use Xuron 410 Flush Cutters, they were what was recommended to me when I started using etched parts. I have not owned fine cutters before that so I don't know if they are the best choice but I have had no problems with them. They are small and give a precise cut, I would use them on thick metal or at all on steel as the cutting surface would damage easily. 

I can post some pictures of how I cut the things of the sprue to make sure I don't damage any of the parts if that would be useful.

• Like 2

I second the xuron flush cutters and also love their photo etched scissors, I’ve found I can sometime cut off a part without feeling any nibs left at all with a totally flat cut surface. It’s also easy to shear odd nibs left behind very flat. Takes a bit of practice to get the feel of the bite and lining up, but once you do I like the action of these.

https://xuron.com/index.php/main/consumer_products/4/80

cheers

jeff

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Kamome442 said:

I use Xuron 410 Flush Cutters, they were what was recommended to me when I started using etched parts. I have not owned fine cutters before that so I don't know if they are the best choice but I have had no problems with them. They are small and give a precise cut, I would use them on thick metal or at all on steel as the cutting surface would damage easily. 

I can post some pictures of how I cut the things of the sprue to make sure I don't damage any of the parts if that would be useful.

Joe, I would like to see how you cut some of the items off the sprue.

Dave 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

Of course I could not decide which to order so I had to order them all. I’ll share some with other club members. Yeah right, mine, mine, all mine!

jeff

• Haha 1

@Dave K 👍I will post some step by step pics in the next couple of days.

Jeff, I have to admit I would struggle to choose a favourite! I am looking forward to seeing how people go about painting them, some the details are pretty small.

7 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

7 hours ago, cteno4 said:

I second the xuron flush cutters and also love their photo etched scissors, I’ve found I can sometime cut off a part without feeling any nibs left at all with a totally flat cut surface. It’s also easy to shear odd nibs left behind very flat. Takes a bit of practice to get the feel of the bite and lining up, but once you do I like the action of these.

https://xuron.com/index.php/main/consumer_products/4/80

cheers

jeff

Oh that's perfect, the Xuron scissor ones were what I was looking at but I hadn't seen the flush cutters. Maybe I'll just get both. I was also looking at some Tamiya ones but was more leaning towards Xuron. Thanks for the recommendations.

Edited by arkh

I use both depending if it’s brass and smaller then usually flush cutters. If it’s steel or thicker brass I use the scissors. I like the feel of the scissors the best and when you are at it a bit I find I can get them w/o any burrs. Small fine metal files are also useful to polish off the little burs as well as a pair of the needle tipped xuron pliers to hold parts while filing.

I’ve used and abused xuron tools for decades and they have always been good quality and it’s their total business. Their price for the quality is always a good buy, not horridly priced tools you get and are too scared to use!

cheers

jeff

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

Jeff, I have to admit I would struggle to choose a favourite! I am looking forward to seeing how people go about painting them, some the details are pretty small.

Joe you just made them too damn cute!

i want to try and see if I can apply paint and wipe off the top surface then just paint top with dryer brush. Or opposite paint whole thing base coat and then just try to fill in the recessed areas. Time to get out the split hair paint brush…

but it will be a challenge!

jeff

• Like 1

I ordered some of the sign/manhole/other covers, and some of the barricades - frog, elephant, and bunny for me. Sorry that I placed 2 orders. I didn't know that the barricades were coming so shortly or I would have waited.

I will have to think about how to paint them.

Edited by maihama eki
  • Thanks 1

I have two pairs of the Xuron photo etch scissors. They work well.

I sent a pair of them to my brother and his son after gifting the kid one of those photo etch kits.

I have 2 pairs because I broke the tip off the first pair. They are very fine tipped, and if you don't use them as they are intended you can snap the tip off on one side. Always use them like scissors as you would cut a piece of paper. If you try to cut a tab perpendicular to the surface - they might not like that.

Edited by maihama eki
  • Like 1

Ouch, Yes maihama makes a very good point (no pun intended). I usually end up cutting into the outside sprews so I can use them like scissors in the meat of the blade, not the very tips! It’s back there were you can actually feel the blade butting up to the edge and the cutting action. Closer to the tip you don’t get this and at the worst leverage on the blade.

cheers

jeff