Neon Noir Designs

Kamome442

You are not wrong Jeff, these little critters are pretty darn cute! I am thinking of painting them white and either masking the white areas or carefully painting the top layer with the brush at 90 degrees to the barrier to keep the recesses white. 

I haven't tried Xuron's etch scissors, looks like I know what my next tool will be.

It's not problem at all @maihama eki, I have already posted your first order so you will have packages coming.

I have decided to send the animals out in boxes for multiple orders or in an envelope with a stiff piece of card for single orders. I am just a little worried finer parts like the rabbits ears might get bent or damaged. 

31 minutes ago, Kamome442 said:

You are not wrong Jeff, these little critters are pretty darn cute! I am thinking of painting them white and either masking the white areas or carefully painting the top layer with the brush at 90 degrees to the barrier to keep the recesses white. 

I haven't tried Xuron's etch scissors, looks like I know what my next tool will be.

It's not problem at all @maihama eki, I have already posted your first order so you will have packages coming.

I have decided to send the animals out in boxes for multiple orders or in an envelope with a stiff piece of card for single orders. I am just a little worried finer parts like the rabbits ears might get bent or damaged. 

Joe,

Speaking of painting, enamel or acrylic?  I surmise we need a base coat of primer as well?

Dave  

Good question, a coat of primer is probably most important, and cleaning the part first to remove any oil from handling it. I use an acid etch primer to help the paint key to metal but seeing as the parts have lots of little recesses and won't be handled much most metal primers would work fine.

Personally I like working with enamel but that's only because I have more experience working with enamel paints. I am really at the bottom of a steep learning curve when it comes to painting.

• Like 1

Road Signs

Just a quick progress update on the set of printable road signs I am working on. I have finished 65 designs, with the aim to get to around 100. 

1769184289_Screenshot2022-08-29at17_52_18.thumb.png.ea375c5c8d28ba1a01328e0117caa631.png

I will be seeking advice on certain signs as to what people want included such as speed limits, height, width, weight restrictions and so on. So if you have a favourite speed let me know.

• Like 4

The crab is really cool. The sign is from around Okinawa from what I understand, for a land crab migration.

It really is just the tip of the ice burg @Martijn Meerts, there are so many odd animal signs, it could be a thing all of its own!

21444559_Screenshot2022-08-29at22_36_20.thumb.png.56e74c133545e8c0451c260e9735caf4.png

I could be tempted to add more quite easily!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Martijn Meerts said:

I don't know what the crab one is, but I want it.. Hundreds of them 😄

Me tooo!

Now you will have to 3D print some land crabs to sell Joe! Let’s see those would be about 1mm at scale…

jeff

20 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

Road Signs

Just a quick progress update on the set of printable road signs I am working on. I have finished 65 designs, with the aim to get to around 100. 

1769184289_Screenshot2022-08-29at17_52_18.thumb.png.ea375c5c8d28ba1a01328e0117caa631.png

I will be seeking advice on certain signs as to what people want included such as speed limits, height, width, weight restrictions and so on. So if you have a favourite speed let me know.

The signs look great, Joe.  But no collection is complete without Godzilla.  🙂

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dave K said:

But no collection is complete without Godzilla.

Yes yes yes, how could I have missed that! Glaring error Joe! 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Now you will have to 3D print some land crabs to sell Joe! Let’s see those would be about 1mm at scale…

I just want to check, is it too late to cover to G Scale?

6 hours ago, Dave K said:

The signs look great, Joe.  But no collection is complete without Godzilla.  🙂

I will have a go at creating a Godzilla, sign. I am sure I can slip one into the sheet of signs as a hidden treat.

• Like 1

Today was like Christmas in August.

Package arrived from Plaza Japan and then the USPS delivered Joe's etchings.

I could not be more pleased, Joe.  These are exquisite.

Dave

3684 DPP RS.JPG

• Like 3

Wow @Dave K they arrived in the US really quickly! I am so pleased to hear that you and wolf are happy with them. I will get some cutting guides up at the weekend.

@cteno4 there wasn't a fingers crossed button so I had to settle for a like.

There are a few orders still travelling through the post, I will relax when everyone has received theirs. Now I need to work on a follow up!

Edited by Kamome442
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Ohh maybe mr postman has something for me too!

jeff

This is why I give my mailman a gift at Christmas.  🙂

Dave

Yes with all the packages I get over the years I give ours a few across the year! He is a very good guy and known him now for like 15 years.Also he always has dog biscuits and all the dogs on his run love him! I get him a box now and then as our dog whines at the window when he hears the mail truck coming down the street! 

jeff

2 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

there wasn't a fingers crossed button so I had to settle for a like.

There are a few orders still travelling through the post, I will relax when everyone has received theirs. Now I need to work on a follow up!

They showed up fine today! Actually I’ve only lost a few small china cheap ebay packages and one aliexpress (they did their order combine shipping on a bunch put in around the same time and the whole thing went poof at the shipping center and probably wrong address slapped on the combined orders) in the last decade or two. So I have very good luck here with packages coming from all over the world!

excellent etches! Felt like xmas unwrapping them from the tissue.

thanks again for doing these, hope this works out profitable and fun for you.

jeff

• Thanks 1
On 8/23/2022 at 4:46 PM, Kamome442 said:

Hi @SL-san sorry that was me being a numpty and not ticking a check box on Etsy, it should work got you now.

Joe

Got your wonderful etches today...thank you!  I look forward to getting some printable road signs when they are done.

Just wondering if the attached Japanese manhole cover was inspired by your neon noir designs logo (just kidding your logo likely refers to printed circuit boards).

Graeme

IMG_7960.jpeg

• Like 3

Good to read you got your order Graeme.

The logo was indeed inspired by old circuit boards but there is certainly a hint of that manhole cover!

I that a cover from Kyushu? I may well have already drawn up a very similar design.

14 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

Good to read you got your order Graeme.

The logo was indeed inspired by old circuit boards but there is certainly a hint of that manhole cover!

I that a cover from Kyushu? I may well have already drawn up a very similar design.

Jo...yes it was Kyushu...Fukuoka in 2013.

Graeme