Small passenger cars

AlexTakeo

Do someone knows where I can find small passenger cara, specially the unpowered ones for Kato Pocket Train (steam)? Specially at eBay.

I want to build a small consist with a steeple cab... but is hard to find small passengers (and shorty ones need to change trucks).

Thanks in advance!

That would be difficult, even on YJA. I would recommend you look into Tomytec's Nostalgic Railway Collection, it features similar coaches or buy early German coaches. Changing the trucks on Shorties is very easy and straightforward.

• Like 1

I was also going to suggest the usual suspects: German two axle coaches, like the Donnerbüchse or earlier.

I just didn't say anything the first time I came around because I looked it up first and I was shocked with the prices of new ones!

This listing on ebay is much more pocket friendly, although I would advise to check the ones with the shorter wheelbase.

I'm afraid the longer Donnerbüchse are too long for Pocket Line curves.

Yes, their prices wouldn't be very wallet friendly if buying from abroad. The best for most German rolling-stock is to visit a model railway fair in Germany or a local model railway shop. Prices are usually much better than on eBay for second-hand models.

I still think the Nostalgic Railway Collection is the best shot.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:19 AM, disturbman said:

Prices are usually much better than on eBay for second-hand models.

Off-topic, but I found this set of 6 Silberling coaches on Ebay costing 130€. That's less than the 150€ for a similar order I did of new Carel et Fouché coaches at a 25% discount.

Is it reasonable or should I wait for my visit to Berlin in September to see if I could get a better offer?

disturbman

25€ per car seems reasonable to me.

I went to a shop this week as I had an hour to kill before an appointment, but I didn’t look at the price of second hand coaches. I don’t remember how they go for. I just quickly browsed their second hand loc selection.

FB5B377D-703E-490D-8775-DCFDB0E3C74C.thumb.jpeg.9f6520c0591c1aac409b1c6c19020698.jpeg

4ADE064E-37D3-4F2B-BA8A-E04764DADD8B.thumb.jpeg.c33d846687bfc84792ce4a5686fcd008.jpeg

I would buy them if you are after that specific assortment. Otherwise, wait until you can see what you can score here.