Innotrans 2022

Giugiaro

I'm planning to go to the 2022 edition of Innotrans, at Messe Berlin between the 20th and 23rd of Steptember.

It's been four years since the last edition so there's a lot of expectations for this year's event.

The Hostel is already booked, and I'm just missing flights (which are currently overpriced).

Hope J-TREC and PKP are in the venue this year, as I need to talk with them for work purposes. 

• Like 1

Nice. I was going to ask if you could go by train but it seems that route takes two days! Even in Japan the distance would take about 10 hours by shinkansen.

disturbman

That kind of long-haul intercontinental rail journeys in Europe are very difficult and slow to do. Even more when you are going to or from Berlin, it’s slightly out of the way and the German HSR network is piecemeal, and not very efficient; and the French is Paris centric, doing a Spain to Germany would most likely require a station change in Paris. Portugal is even less accessible.

Last time I did a Paris-Berlin by HSR, it took 8/9hrs and required two changes in Germany.

• Like 2
Giugiaro
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, mojo said:

I was going to ask if you could go by train but it seems that route takes two days!

I could do the journey by train in our out of Berlim, but right now I don't have access to FIP coupons, nor is the Interrail worth the price.

HSR in Spain and France is ridiculous. It's like taking an airplane that never takes-off.

I could also fly to a nearby place and then rail in (or vice-versa) but the prices are all up everywhere, except Spain.

Edited by Giugiaro
20 hours ago, Giugiaro said:

I'm planning to go to the 2022 edition of Innotrans, at Messe Berlin between the 20th and 23rd of Steptember.

Anyone else comming? We could try to organise a meetup in Berlin, no?

• Like 1