Hamamachi Station Mk2

Grant_T

Thanks guys, I feel like I'm getting into the fun part now. I organised all my flock, bushes, trees, and static grass this afternoon. Amazing how much you accumulate after several layouts.  😄

• Like 1

It has had a day of drying and for the most part I thinks I've got away with it. When this fully dries it will need some painting.

• Like 21
17 hours ago, Grant_T said:

It has had a day of drying and for the most part I thinks I've got away with it. When this fully dries it will need some painting.

This is brilliant.  Superb technique and execution, Grant.

Dave

• Like 1
On 9/6/2022 at 12:28 PM, cteno4 said:

Grant, came out great. How did you do the water, waves, and foam?

jeff

The waves are sort of sculpted with an artists knife from Woodlands Scenics water details. It will actually dry relatively clear, so the sea foam will have to be painted back on there with some acrylic white. I just weathered and placed  the bridge in the scene. Here is a glimpse from a very dark room. I don't know whether a bridge would be allowed to become this weathered in Japan, but it felt right for the scene and I'm happy with the look. More pics to come when the light is better.

• Like 16
4 hours ago, Grant_T said:

Here is a glimpse from a very dark room. I don't know whether a bridge would be allowed to become this weathered in Japan, but it felt right for the scene and I'm happy with the look.

Looks about right for a structure in close contact with the sea, though I'd imagine more rust if anything.

Here's a bridge on the edge of the relatively warm, calm Tokyo Bay: https://goo.gl/maps/yP12n5ad7n8nb93u5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two weeks to go and I'm on the push to get this finished. Unfortunately I lost an entire week to being sick. Here is an annoyingly blurry pick of the first layer of flock and rail ballast. So much more to do. 🤪

• Like 15
On 9/23/2022 at 6:36 PM, Grant_T said:

Two weeks to go and I'm on the push to get this finished. Unfortunately I lost an entire week to being sick. Here is an annoyingly blurry pick of the first layer of flock and rail ballast. So much more to do. 🤪

Wow, looking good already Grant! I'm in awe of your skills here. For sometime in such a short time, it looks incredible.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Grant_T said:

Putting in some hours on this now. Bushes, trees and weathering to go on this side and then its almost done.

that water looks fantastic Grant

Well, the convention is this weekend, and this is as far as I got. Not finished by a long way. 😐 I will still attend, and probably work on it while there.

• Like 15

Looks nice! I’ve found working on stuff at the shows really draws folks in to talk and much deeper and more interesting conversations. Even if it’s just assembling or detailing a structure.

jeff

• Like 1

The convention has been a lot of fun. Mostly I have been tucked away in my corner working on the layout and talking to attendees. I built the Sankei temple here; fantastic kit.

• Like 16
On 10/9/2022 at 7:56 AM, Grant_T said:

The convention has been a lot of fun. Mostly I have been tucked away in my corner working on the layout and talking to attendees. I built the Sankei temple here; fantastic kit.

It was great to finally meet and catch up with Grant at Convention. Outstanding layout and can't wait to see future progress.   

• Like 8

The layout now has a lighting rig. I still need to place some shielding on the lights but this works really well.

• Like 12

We moved house! Now the layout has a spacious (and warm) double garage to live in. Looking forward to work on this when I get back from Japan.

• Like 5