What rolling stock would be appropriate for a soy sauce plant?

MangakaRailfan

MangakaRailfan

Since it fits your inspiration: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=RAIL-30388

It definitely does, but I specifically meant freight cars. 

I will probably order that soon enough, but i’m going with something differnt for now, because my layout hasn’t been completed.

Edited by MangakaRailfan
4 minutes ago, MangakaRailfan said:

It definitely does, but I specifically meant freight cars. 

I'll let someone else answer that one, I don't know.

But as a fyi, rolling stock encompass everything: freight cars, passenger coaches, maintenance stock and locomotives.

MangakaRailfan

Got That.

8 minutes ago, disturbman said:

rolling stock encompass everything: freight cars, passenger coaches, maintenance stock and locomotives.

Edited by disturbman

I won't pretend to hold any knowledge in the subject, but I'd assume they'd see a fair amount of HOKI 2200 covered hoppers bringing in grain to ferment.  You may also get boxcar type cars shipping out completed product.  I'd be interested to see any historical photos or info people have on the subject.

As others mentioned, I think the Hoki 2200 transported the raw material, especially wheat, which is used in soy sauce production in addition to soy beans.

For the end product, the Taki 24900 tankers were manufactured from 1974 and scrapped in 1987 and were designed to transport Soy sauce.

醤油 shoyu (Soy sauce)

Here is a Wikipedia page of Araoi station, near Choshi which is the home of the Yamasa Soy sauce company. Bottles or crates probably loaded onto Wamu or Tora.

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/新生駅_(千葉県) The article talks about locos such as 8620, C58 and DE10 working the yard in Choshi. 

The Deki 3 that @disturbman sent the link for would be ideal for the Choshi electric railway, which ran along side Yamasa soy sauce factory.

• Like 3
MangakaRailfan
QuoteAs others mentioned, I think the Hoki 2200 transported the raw material, especially wheat, which is used in soy sauce production in addition to soy beans.

For the end product, the Taki 24900 tankers were manufactured from 1974 and scrapped in 1987 and were designed to transport Soy sauce.

醤油 shoyu (Soy sauce)

Here is a Wikipedia page of Araoi station, near Choshi which is the home of the Yamasa Soy sauce company. Bottles or crates probably loaded onto Wamu or Tora.

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/新生駅_(千葉県) The article talks about locos such as 8620, C58 and DE10 working the yard in Choshi. 

The Deki 3 that @disturbman sent the link for would be ideal for the Choshi electric railway, which ran along side Yamasa soy sauce factory.

Thank you! That is actually where i’m modelling!