Tomix Tram Rail Accessories 3079

bill937ca

brill27mcb

The 3079 version is the one that matches the Wide Tram track pieces in color and surface texture, so I am glad that one is back in supply.

Rich K.

8 hours ago, katoftw said:

Got email when I woke up. Goonnne...

I guess this is the same with other parts that seem to always be out-of-stock.

They seem to be discontinued. The reality is that supplies are gone... reduced to atoms as soon as they go online 😂

This is an very old set that has mostly been replaced with newer releases. Only the station platform and turn-out covers haven't been replicated.

Understandable that this set hasn't had a production run in a long time.

On the lookout for one of these as well... The straight track parts are very useful for creating level crossings, depot "hard standing"  etc.

1 hour ago, railsquid said:

On the lookout for one of these as well... The straight track parts are very useful for creating level crossings, depot "hard standing"  etc.

Cannot use the regular wide tram pieces now? 18.5 33 37 70 140?

5 hours ago, katoftw said:

Cannot use the regular wide tram pieces now? 18.5 33 37 70 140?

It's handy to have the extra bits to make e.g. skewed crossings:

50211078257_0c636c43af_z.jpg

container-yard-entrance-2020-08-10_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

and other situations where it's useful to have a bit of flexibility beyond the standard track geometry.

I suppose I could try cutting up the wide tram tracks, but that's a less efficient way of getting the bits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have always used the clear-drying "tacky" glue sold at craft stores. It retains some flexibility, and you can undo it and clean it off. That way you can convert the track pieces back to unpaved original condition if you later have the desire or need. On a typical S140 straight or Mini curve piece, I put a dab on top of a tie near each end and another dab or 2 near the middle of the track length. Make sure the paved surface is a little lower than the railhead, and you can compare it for level overall by temporarily connecting to a piece of Wide Tram track on each end.

Rich K.

• Like 1