T-Trak as basis of an entire model railway system

mwagner

LOL, I say all this as I dread those calls from friends and them so hoping I’ll have an easy solution other than do a test piece first and make sure to let it sit overnight… I don’t know what it is but it’s just sort of hardwired into the human brain to Sally forth!

jeff

Hi Guys,

a little Update on my layout. I used the whole weekend to create a module with a tunnel and a coast line. Here are the intermediate result ...

KR Markus

IMG_3006-2.jpg

IMG_3007-2.jpg

• Like 14

And here are the final result of this module. Thank you all for your appreciation. KR Markus

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3074.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

IMG_3076.JPG

Edited by mwagner
  • Like 15

These two pictures are a small preview of the next module, this time a double. KR Markus

pic2.jpeg

pic1.jpeg

Edited by mwagner
  • Like 4

Hi guys,

just a little update of my modules. I spent some time for detailling and finishing but there is a lot more to do. Enjoy the pictures. 

KR Markus

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

Edited by mwagner
  • Like 8

KR,

great modules! I’ve wanted to do a multilevel expressway like that since someone posted that great video of the chap doing the 3 level express diorama all scratch built with every little detail! 

also love the use of the triangle building to make the roads not go parallel or perpendicular to the track. 

You should put your modules (and club’s) up on the Ttrak wikidot site!

http://ttrak.wikidot.com

Cheers

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Thanks 1

I'm really impressed - great work.  You had previously posted some pictures with an overall view of the layout.  Any chance of some new overall pictures?  I would like to see how they blend together now that you have done more work on them.

I have a similar set of boards waiting to be worked on but am continuing to hesitate, partly due to worry that I would mess it up, but also because I am not able to visualized a suitable design for the scenic sections and how to make them work together visually.

Ciao,

Tony

Edited by Tony Galiani
Additional text for clarity.
  • Thanks 1

Toni,

one of the fun things with Ttrak is you can have fun module for module and don’t need to worry so much about the overall scene. Let yourself loose from the big general layout look and have some fun with each module as when folks focus i on a 1x or 2x module or fills their field of view and they tend to ignore the rest of the layout and just enjoy the scene presented.

cheers,

jeff

9 hours ago, cteno4 said:

KR,

great modules! I’ve wanted to do a multilevel expressway like that since someone posted that great video of the chap doing the 3 level express diorama all scratch built with every little detail! 

also love the use of the triangle building to make the roads not go parallel or perpendicular to the track. 

You should put your modules (and club’s) up on the Ttrak wikidot site!

http://ttrak.wikidot.com

Cheers

jeff

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your comment. Actually I know the video of the multilevel expressway mostly made of foamboard and cardboard. My thoughts were the same and I watched it many times for inspiration. 
Thanks for the link too. Looks very interesting. 

kR Markus

8 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

I'm really impressed - great work.  You had previously posted some pictures with an overall view of the layout.  Any chance of some new overall pictures?  I would like to see how they blend together now that you have done more work on them.

I have a similar set of boards waiting to be worked on but am continuing to hesitate, partly due to worry that I would mess it up, but also because I am not able to visualized a suitable design for the scenic sections and how to make them work together visually.

Ciao,

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for your commendation. Actually I’m on a journey. When I’ll return back at home, I‘ll take pictures of the whole layout. The pictures I‘ve posted yesterday were each taken of two modules together. 

Don‘t worry about messing your modules up. Start working! Every step can be corrected, when necessary. I‘ve started without planning a whole layout.  

kR Markus

• Thanks 1

Hi,

here are an overview of the entire railroad system. But this is one possibility only to combine the T-Track-Modules. 

At the area under construction I‘ll build a small station. 

kR Markus

48E82143-7CE8-4391-A292-D8177552C02D.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting the overall view.  I have trouble imaging how the modules can fit together and this is very helpful to me so I can visualize some possible ways to scenic the modules I have been hesitant to start on.

Tschüss,

Tony

• Like 1

Hi guys,

just a little update. I am working on a station module. I would like to share some impressions of the nearly done station building. I built this from scratch out of cardboard, Styrene and Wood. KR Markus

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

• Like 9

Hi,

here are some pictures of the nearly done station module. Maybe I will attach some trees somedays and add more people. 

Merry Christmas to all

Markus

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

Edited by mwagner
  • Like 9

Hi there, 

final countdown for the old year. Finally I closed the former vacant lot at one of my first modules with a little help of the designs of paperstructures. 

Happy new year to all!

Best Markus

A71E4929-9770-42C3-B3E4-0B87A4F63AFE.jpeg

E5615D23-4CD7-4844-8549-77412EC68681.jpeg

B3F379EB-4C52-4F48-B514-013B6F2C0044.jpeg

• Like 5

Hi,

today the sun shines here, so I decided to take some pictures of my station module with the best photo light you can get. Actually I worned out of building paper houses for the next module. So I appreciate the welcome distraction. 

Best Markus

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

• Like 15