Haneda Access Line

LevIsJR_EAST_fan

LevIsJR_EAST_fan

Hello guys! This is my third post for today! Today i wanted to ask something, that i wondered over 2 weeks. As you and me knows, JR EAST plans to do new line called "Haneda Access Line".  It has 4 parts; 1st: Haneda Airport - Tokyo Freight Terminal (it located next to Tamachi Station). 2nd: Tokyo Freight Terminal - Tokyo station). 3rd: Tokyo Freight Terminal - Shinjuku station. 4th: Tokyo Freight Terminal - Shin-Kiba. I read some sites, but question stays not anwsered for me, so i wanted to ask it to you! Question is: Does Haneda Access Line branches numbers 2 and 3 will have own platforms, trucks and etc. It most intresting me on 3rd branch, because while it goes to shinjuku, there a Yamanote Line Freight Line. As i know, JR EAST wanna buy Rinkai Line and Haneda Access Line will go thru Rinkai Line, but i dont know any information about 2nd and 3rd branches, and do they will have own platforms and trucks. Do you know it? Let me know down in the comments. Thanks for reading it!

bikkuri bahn

Tokyo Freight Terminal to Tokyo Station-

The disused double track Tokaido Freight Line (aka Ooshio Line) will be utilized from the freight terminal.  In order to crossover the Tokaido Shinkansen Line north of Shinagawa, a single track tunnel will be dug that goes under the shinkansen tracks, and will emerge north of Tamachi Station. As space here is at a premium, the disused Yamanote Line pocket track here will free up space to shift three tracks inward (Tokaido up line, Keihin-Tohoku southbound line, Yamanote Line outside (clockwise) route).  The space formerly occupied by the (now relocated) Tokaido Line up track will be where the single track Haneda access line will emerge from tunnel and presumably merge with the Tokaido Line a bit further up line.

Tokyo Freight Terminal to Shinjuku-

A new tunnel will have to be dug between the freight terminal and the junction with the Rinkai Line (located somewhere between Shinagawa Seaside and Oimachi).  From Oimachi existing tracks and platforms will be used. 

• Like 1

The Tokaido Freight line is usable though, isn't it?  At least some parts?  I know I've seen some driver's view video of a Holiday Musashino service or something using it, of course I can't find it now.

bikkuri bahn
29 minutes ago, miyakoji said:

The Tokaido Freight line is usable though, isn't it?  At least some parts?  I know I've seen some driver's view video of a Holiday Musashino service or something using it, of course I can't find it now.

Depends on the section, there are many branches under the monicker "Tokaido Freight Line", some that are disused.

• Like 1
LevIsJR_EAST_fan
12 hours ago, bikkuri bahn said:

Tokyo Freight Terminal to Tokyo Station-

The disused double track Tokaido Freight Line (aka Ooshio Line) will be utilized from the freight terminal.  In order to crossover the Tokaido Shinkansen Line north of Shinagawa, a single track tunnel will be dug that goes under the shinkansen tracks, and will emerge north of Tamachi Station. As space here is at a premium, the disused Yamanote Line pocket track here will free up space to shift three tracks inward (Tokaido up line, Keihin-Tohoku southbound line, Yamanote Line outside (clockwise) route).  The space formerly occupied by the (now relocated) Tokaido Line up track will be where the single track Haneda access line will emerge from tunnel and presumably merge with the Tokaido Line a bit further up line.

Tokyo Freight Terminal to Shinjuku-

A new tunnel will have to be dug between the freight terminal and the junction with the Rinkai Line (located somewhere between Shinagawa Seaside and Oimachi).  From Oimachi existing tracks and platforms will be used. 

Thanks for information! To be honestly, i thought it would have own trucks and own platforms, but sadly or not it doesnt 😕