SuperView Odoriko

LevIsJR_EAST_fan

LevIsJR_EAST_fan

When i go to Japan, i usually go to Shimoda. Its very amazing place with very nice people, and when i go from Tokyo, i go by Local Tokaido train to Atami, and then Izukyu train. But when i go from Izukyu Shimoda, i always go by SuperView Odoriko. Because Japan closed country for foreigners, only yesterday i saw that JR EAST removed SuperView Odoriko from service and put Saphir Odoriko. I wanna to ask you guys, your opinion, why its removed and if you rode on it, did you liked new Saphir Odoriko. P.S: im so sorry, if i posted this post on wrong "platform" 

https://cdn.unwire.hk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pyt_20-1280x720.jpg

SuperView Odoriko was retired and I believe scrapped.

Edited by bill937ca
LevIsJR_EAST_fan
4 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

SuperView Odoriko was retired and I believe scrapped.

sad, i have so much nostalgic and that baby room.. 

6 hours ago, LevIsJR_EAST_fan said:

When i go to Japan, i usually go to Shimoda. Its very amazing place with very nice people, and when i go from Tokyo, i go by Local Tokaido train to Atami, and then Izukyu train. But when i go from Izukyu Shimoda, i always go by SuperView Odoriko. Because Japan closed country for foreigners, only yesterday i saw that JR EAST removed SuperView Odoriko from service and put Saphir Odoriko. I wanna to ask you guys, your opinion, why its removed and if you rode on it, did you liked new Saphir Odoriko. P.S: im so sorry, if i posted this post on wrong "platform" 

Accoding to Wikipedia : "The Super View Odoriko(Japanese: スーパービュー踊り子) was the first deluxe version of the Odoriko operated from 28 April 1990 to 13 March 2020"

I didn't had personal experience on Saphir Odoriko, but looking to the website and videos on Youtube when I was detailing my Kato model, I would really recommend to ride it. I'll do it next time I'm in Japan only for the pleasure of it. 

JM. 

LevIsJR_EAST_fan
12 hours ago, JR East said:

Accoding to Wikipedia : "The Super View Odoriko(Japanese: スーパービュー踊り子) was the first deluxe version of the Odoriko operated from 28 April 1990 to 13 March 2020"

I didn't had personal experience on Saphir Odoriko, but looking to the website and videos on Youtube when I was detailing my Kato model, I would really recommend to ride it. I'll do it next time I'm in Japan only for the pleasure of it. 

JM. 

I checked official JR EAST site, it looks nice, but im wondering does JR EAST changed price. Cheapest price Tokyo - Izukyu Shimoda is around 10K yen. But Saphir Odoriko has "big windows" too, so on both trains you could look, how driver drives train lol.

Actually the cheapest fare would be about ¥6000 on a standard Ltd Express and about ¥12,000 for premium car seat on the Saphir Odoriko. ¥10,000 is for the standard green car so probably worth paying the extra ¥2000 for the experience, if you can get a reservation.

LevIsJR_EAST_fan
4 hours ago, Kamome said:

Actually the cheapest fare would be about ¥6000 on a standard Ltd Express and about ¥12,000 for premium car seat on the Saphir Odoriko. ¥10,000 is for the standard green car so probably worth paying the extra ¥2000 for the experience, if you can get a reservation.

Oh, good.  Thanks for the information!