Let's begin some building!

The Birmingham train spotter

The Birmingham train spotter

So I'm now back into the Hobby, Last time I planned a small N Gauge Layout that focuses on English and Japanese. I will be keeping to Japanese and the layout 昇る太陽の鉄道 or Railway of the rising sun. The layout will be based on a Late 1990 to late 2000 Japanese Railway. This was the Layout I'm working on and the tracks will he kept the same, only the broken tracks will be changed, The grass will be removed for buildings, It'll be a small Japanese Town with a two platform station. The shunting yard will also act as a Depo and storage area for any engines for shows.

Engine fleet: Since it'll be early 2000s the First engine will be a EF65 Unit with a small freight train, Consisting of 7 tankers and sporting the JR freight Renewal livery.

For shunting in and out the yard I've decided upon a DE10, this diesel has been a personal favourite of mine for a while and it'll sport the classic red, white and grey livery

For reserved freight I've decided that a EF66 would suit the role perfectly fine

For passenger work I went with a sleeper Train operated by the EF66 and if we wish to change them out we went with a Kiha -183 

Ideas for a Steam locomotive are still being discussed

IMG_2022-01-18-19-45-29-100.jpg.c1ab5cd7dbcfce9bd932eb52a2f7b182.jpg

IMG_2022-01-18-19-45-21-355.jpg.6b3d897c9956da6a952eaaee01c381c2.jpg

IMG_2022-01-18-19-45-23-732.jpg.33c4a90146a7b38d3c941534551a49a7.jpg

• Like 5

Interesting locos pick for a 90s/00s layout. 

Using those locos allow you to model an older period. Older period  means less buildings and less height of buildings. Mea s less money spent on layout costs.

In saying that, the 90s and 00s were a huge transitional period in Japanese railways. Where everything from the 60s up to about the late 00s was still being used.

Then that allows for more freedoms when it comes to rail vehicle choices.

Personally though, I just run whatever and say stick it to the rivet counters whom don't like my non-prototypical fun.

• Like 2