Interior light color for Shinkanse?

foxhsu

Hi all,

Is any info about the interior light color for each model? I remember I saw somewhere green car and normal are different. I wonder if anyone know where has more completely info.

Thank you very much.

A lot of green cars tend to have a warmer orangey coloured lighting compared with the cooler bluish lighting of regular “cattle” class. 

In the case of Kato, they include an orange filter that fits over their two lighting options, which in theory gives you 4 different levels of cool to warm. I think you will get a lot of different opinions as to which look correct. But certainly seeing the evening shinkansens the middle green cars are definitely more orange. 

You should also consider the colour of interior which will also be reflected out of the window. Some models also come with light prisms pre-fitted. The Kato E4 replicates the orange hue of the green cars lighting with the included prisms. 

To be very general about it, cruise, joyful trains and green car will tend to use softer, warmer lighting. Commuter and general trains more likely to have the cooler lighting. 

The Tomix Hinotori as another example recommends their white lights for the 4 regular cars and yellow white lights for the end green cars but there are also third parties that produce lighting filters that fit over.

If you have particular models may be worth researching some images but if you’re buying lights in bulk, perhaps worth installing similar lit trains at the same time. 

He is a website with some interior images.

https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/372390?page=4

10 hours ago, Kamome said:

The Tomix Hinotori as another example recommends their white lights for the 4 regular cars and yellow white lights for the end green cars but there are also third parties that produce lighting filters that fit over.

For Timix Hinotori, I'e used HKTILC.com leds in buld for premier and warm white in regular cars. See the result here

Take E2-1000 as example, Kato recommends using regular LED clear light with filter installed for regular cars and light bulb color for green cars.

I also used hktilc's light bulb for green car and warm white for others. They seem fine for me. I've never seen the real thing, and I tried to determine the color from videos, but the light differs a lot with the daylight conditions. However, green car of E2-1000 does appear to be more "orange" even in videos.