KATO: Series E259 Narita Express (6-Car Set)

Guest ___

Hmm maybe I should head back to Asia again!  Wow Kato and Tomix are really racing neck to neck with the same model.  It started with Toyama Tram now E259.  I wonder what will be next!

Hmm maybe I should head back to Asia again!  Wow Kato and Tomix are really racing neck to neck with the same model.  It started with Toyama Tram now E259.  I wonder what will be next!

More like Nozomi N700.  It happens from time to time.

Here some more translated info from N Gauge Information...Thanks Google for the translation

◎ E259 system "Narita Express" for both sets 6 (10-821) 17,850 yen

1991 (1991), and made his debut as an express between the metropolitan area and Narita airport access "Narita Express" is, since the start of operations, while spreading the driving section 253 has been the only driver in the series, 2009 (2009) and further improve our services, appeared aimed at the safety of the E259 system.

Design of the E259 system, "Narita Express" and followed the red, white and black color scheme was brand image, and is also nicknamed "N'EX" logo painted on the front of large stately presence that we We appeal.

In addition, improvement and adoption of the damper between the car ride with 4 other improvements in services, such as large screen guiding different languages, JR recent major equipment such as electrical equipment and safety equipment such as seen in the East New Vehicles is the vehicle of a strong system and a double fault. In KATO, enjoy the existing 253 system in conjunction with the new E259 series "Narita Express" will also speed up product development.

Shinjuku Ikebukuro Takao Narita cases organized Oohuna Oomiya ← →

E258 -7 + Kuha E258 -7 + Moha Moha E259 -7 (M) + Moha E258 -507 + Moha E259 -507 + black E259 -7

※ 6 as a base to organize both the two books併結12 drivers are also frequent train.

○ E259 series features Narita Express

1.253 vehicle system replacement, E259 system as early commercialization.

2. In front of the car top "N'EX" including the logo, represent a clean and kind accents on the exterior of each logo.

3. The driver's side of the top car coupler is adopted binary form can be tightly stretched and Katokapura併結operation.

Intermediate coupler is equipped with a coupler body mount-type close binary.

4. Headlights are bright white light LED according to the vehicle. Head / Off switch equipped with a taillight.

5. Flywheel-powered vehicle is equipped with.

6. Kind seen many antenna is pre-installed on the roof of each car. View destination side of the "Narita Express Narita" pre-print.

◇ are for reproduction unless otherwise specified, no particular change.

◇ 383 Wide View Shinano system is reproduced in both, no change in price specifications.

Hezekiah Strawbody

I don't think Tomix have announced their pricing yrt have they, but I'll bet it is more expensive than Kato's.

A better translation makes a lot of difference - Google is one of the worst around  :laugh:

- One set (10-821) of configuration with six E259 faction "Narita Express" car unit 17,850 yen

The E259 faction that aimed at a further service improvement and safety appeared in (2009) in 2009 in 1991 though "Narita Express" that debuted to (1991) as an airport access special express that connected New Tokyo International Airport with the metropolitan area had been driven only by 253 factions making the driving section known after it began to drive.

The design of the E259 faction follows red, white, black coloring that became an image of the brand of "Narita Express". In addition, the logo of "N'EX" that is the pet name is large drawn forward, and the sense of existence appeals in a dignified manner.

Moreover, it is made to a strong vehicle by the breakdown such as double making of major items of equipment such as electric equipment and the security devices shown in a East Japan Railway new vehicle of recent years besides the improvement on the service side such as the large-scale liquid crystal guide devices for riding comfort improvement and 4 national languages by the adoption of the dump truck between bodies. In KATO, I will already commercialize E259 faction new "Narita Express" that can be enjoyed along with 253 existing factions.

Organization example ← Ofuna, Omiya, Ikebukuro, Takao, and Shinjuku New Tokyo International Airport →

[Kuha] E258-7 + [moha] E258-7 + [moha] E259-7(M) + [moha] E258-507 + [moha] E259-507 + [Kuro] E259-7

- Six cars are assumed to be a basic organization, and two annexed 12 car organizations are driven frequently.

- Feature of E259 faction Narita Express

1.253 The succession vehicle and the E259 faction of the faction are already commercialized.

2.Each logo that becomes an accent on externals including the "N'EX" logo in front of the lead coach are beautifully expressed.

3.Kato coupler expansion and contraction [mitsurenkatachi] that enables the annexation driving is adopted in lead coach's operating step side coupling. The intermediate coupler is equipped with the close ream coupler of the body mount type.

4.The headlight lights brightly by white LED according to a real car. It equips it with the turning off switch of head/rear light.

5.National Railway Locomotive Engineers' Union is equipped with the flywheel.

6.A lot of antennas seen on each car roof have been installed. The side destination display has printed "Narita Express New Tokyo International Airport".

alpineaustralia

Hmmm....

Seriousyl though...does anyone know if it will be DCC friendly?

Sincerly this "xerox" policy don't like me, until now I bought whenever both models from Kato and Tomix (E4, E3, N700, 700, 500 etc.) but normally these aren't the same train, they have little difference.

The price in not so bad, I think this time I order only the Kato Nex so I can put it near the old Kato 253 Nex...

ciao

Massimo

Claude_Dreyfus

Sincerly this "xerox" policy don't like me, until now I bought whenever both models from Kato and Tomix (E4, E3, N700, 700, 500 etc.) but normally these aren't the same train, they have little difference.

The price in not so bad, I think this time I order only the Kato Nex so I can put it near the old Kato 253 Nex...

Sadly that has become an increasingly common an occurrance for UK outline models with a number of direct duplicates between the mainstream producers  :sad:

Right off the bat, buying Kato will probably save me at least $30 as I won't have to buy TN couplers. Plus pre-applied destination stickers (heck, destination stickers period) are also another freebie bonus that is lacking on the Tomix model. I vote Kato!!!

HobbySearch has it for Apr. release: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10106386

And yet, no E655, or FasTech 360.

maybe E655 is possible in the future but Fastech 360 I think is a dream now and forever (with dcc functional aerobrake/flaps of course... :grin)

I'm very happy if Tomix in the next 1-2 years release the renewed 200 H set complete 16 car set with both correct double decker cars, until now is the only that need a new pimp (or maybe Microace burn all at the pitlane....)

ciao

Massimo

Hezekiah Strawbody

Hmmm....

Seriousyl though...does anyone know if it will be DCC friendly?

:laugh: the kanji for whatever the motor is always seems to translate as "National Railway Locomotive Engineers' Union"

i think all the latest kato releases have been what they call "DCC Friendly"

Right off the bat, buying Kato will probably save me at least $30 as I won't have to buy TN couplers. Plus pre-applied destination stickers (heck, destination stickers period) are also another freebie bonus that is lacking on the Tomix model. I vote Kato!!!

I just love the KATO

Mudkip Orange

This sh** just keeps gettin' more expensive.

Wide View Shinano re-release will run you 300 for 10 cars?

12-car NEX will run you 360?

The new Greenmax Tokyo subway cars are 400???

I hear you. :laugh: But I think the price is far more affordable than getting something in terms of quality from the European brands.

Mudkip Orange

And the dollar is also going in the crapper, a process that started under Bush but is continuing (if not accelerating) under BHO.

I'm still gonna bitch though, 'cuz it means I can't buy as many trains.

Hezekiah Strawbody

Greenmax are always more expensive in proportion to the other manufacturers, because they are a small family run company with limited production numbers.

And the dollar is also going in the crapper, a process that started under Bush but is continuing (if not accelerating) under BHO.

I'm still gonna bitch though, 'cuz it means I can't buy as many trains.

I don't blame you there either. I'm in the same pickle.

qwertyaardvark

(FOOD)      <_<

>_>      (TRAINS)

(FOOD)      <_<

>_>      (TRAINS)

>_<

~~(>^o^)>(TRAINS)

I think eating ramen for a couple of weeks is worth two new Narita sets :grin

(FOOD)       <_<

>_>       (TRAINS)

(FOOD)       <_<

>_>       (TRAINS)

>_<

~~(>^o^)>(TRAINS)

I think eating ramen for a couple of weeks is worth two new Narita sets :grin

Or get the Unitram set and stop eating altogether  :laugh:

For me, I will buy one set and then wait for the other set to come down in prices or take advantage of second hand prices when I go back to Japan.