Modell-Eisenbahn-Klub Berlin 1932 e.V. - 90 Year old Model Train club in Berlin

Wolf

(Sorry in advance if I misunderstand the Topic and reports like these are not welcome)

Hello Everyone,

I want to take the opportunity of being welcomed here so warmly and give a short introduction to the club I am with here in Berlin. If my humble report works as some sort of advertisement, or just as a fun little piece to read, I am happy.

So, since a few months I joined the "Modell-Eisenbahn-Klub Berlin 1932 e.V." located in Eastern Berlin, close to the Train Station "Schöneweide". The club is since last year officially 90 years of age, making it to my knowledge the oldest Model train club in Berlin.

Member Count currently is about 50 people, and our weekly gatherings take place on Wednesdays 16:00 to 20:00. Anyone interested is more than welcome to pay us a visit.

The club runs 4 Main Layouts. Two layouts are N Scale (one DCC operated, one is Analogue driven), One TT Scale Layout and one H0 Scale Layout. Additionally to these there are 2 smaller layouts, usually used on our “open doors” day (basically we exhibit our Layouts to the public) for guests to have their hands on themselves, while the main 4 ones are operated by ourself.

Personally I learned a lot about DCC there in the last few Months, and I am happy to try to be of help as good as I can (I am fairly sure you can spot wich “area” I am currently “helping on” with Tomitec and Greenmax kits randomly appearing XD). The club does NOT run any Japanese themed Layout (yet Xd – Sadly no plans here afaik) but especially on the open door days I have been more then welcomed to run some of my stock on our layouts, for visitors to enjoy. As such you may already figure that we do not take realism too strict, but prefer it to be simply enjoyable scenery.

The club finances itself mainly by entry fees on the open door days, and by donations and member fees (Rent in Berlin is sadly not cheap).

As for anyone interested to make a visit, I regret to say that on our more older members, English skills are “lacking” (read “non-existing”). The younger ones can hold a conversation tho no problem. Just thought it to be fitting to give a heads-up on this topic.

Below you will find some Pictures I took, so you get an idea what we run ^^

General Information:

Modell-Eisenbahn-Klub Berlin 1932 e.V.

Firlstraße 16a

12459 Berlin

www.mekb.de

[EDIT] Next Open Door Days for 2023 are:

25.+26. 02.

22.+23. 04.

05.+06. 08.

14.+15. 10.
02.+03. 12.

And besides that, every Wednesday from 16:00 to 20:00, but there the Layouts are usually under construction and not in running condition 😊

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

Edited by Wolf
Changed 2022 dates to 2023
  • Like 8
On 2/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, disturbman said:

Looks great. Maybe we should ask @kami_illy to bring some of his shorties.

😁 Let's see... I'll surely pass by on one of the next open door days. 

Just brought back to mind some old project I tried to start but that didn't get anywhere.. Some years ago I started research and first trials on building Berlin based Shorties (U-Bahn and S-Bahn). So maybe, just maybe, there is interest to revive it.

• Like 1
On 3/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, kami_illy said:

😁 Let's see... I'll surely pass by on one of the next open door days. 

You would be very welcome, as is everyone.