Yahoo! Japan to partially block access from EU / UK

railsquid

5 hours ago, JR East said:

It'll be easily accessible via VPN like NordVPN

Are NordVPN Japanese servers actually in Japan? Some services "Pretend" that it is in japan but sites like TamTam are still blocked.

Also I hope it won't affect yahoo auctions, though probably they can still be accessed with proxy sites like Buyee

9 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Are NordVPN Japanese servers actually in Japan? Some services "Pretend" that it is in japan but sites like TamTam are still blocked.

Also I hope it won't affect yahoo auctions, though probably they can still be accessed with proxy sites like Buyee

I don't know. I'm using them mainly with USA 

TokyoImperialPalace

Websites can still have blocks on the VPN services on a one-by-one basis. Yahoo! Japan should be somewhat aware of VPN servers that operate in Japan.

Less than 1% of users of yahoo japan reside in the EU/UK, and that number is primarily Japanese expats and tourists from Japan- it will suck for them. I reckon almost by default any foreign buyers of yahoo auction items are using proxy services, as yahoo auctions is (exclusively?) Japan domestic market focused, mono-lingual interface and sellers require communication in Japanese.

4 hours ago, bikkuri bahn said:

I reckon almost by default any foreign buyers of yahoo auction items are using proxy services, as yahoo auctions is (exclusively?) Japan domestic market focused, mono-lingual interface and sellers require communication in Japanese.

However pages like yahoo.aleado.com and others load images of items directly from Yahoo's servers, so maybe you'll end up being able to look through all the auctions but without seeing any images.

Not sure if services like NordVPN or ExpressVPN are as good as they pretend to be, if you dig around a little you find some questionable stuff.

Yavaris Forge

buyee proxy service blocks vpn access to their site for example. I hope services like Zenmarket will still be able to function as they do now