Help with CV changes to reverse light plarity - Digitrax decoder.

gavino200

I have a Kato M250 'Super Rail Cargo' that has a motor cab at one end and a dummy cab at the other. I have a digitrax decoder in the motor cab and a Digitrax DZ123 in the dummy cab. They're both set to the same address. I want the light colors to be opposite - white for front side/ red for rear end. Currently both are showing the same color. Either both white or both red.

I'm trying to understand the CV chart in the manual for the decoder https://www.digitrax.com/static/apps/cms/media/documents/documentation/decodermanual.pdf

I tried changing CV29 to value 7. That seems to be what the manual is telling me to do.

When I do this the lights just stay red regardless of the direction.

Can anyone help me to interpret the CV chart? What CV at what value to reverse the light polarity?

Edited by gavino200

Nevermind, I worked out the answer. I had to reverse the values for CV33 and CV34

That is CV 33 set to 02 and CV 34 set to 01

I was assuming that "Normal Direction of Motion" was the variable to change.

I'll leave this thread up, in case anyone else ever has the same issue.

• Like 1

Lol after looking at the manual for a few minutes there I was just coming back to suggest you look at the Fx3 cvs, but you got it. Glad you solved it. I bit my tongue not to say reverse the wires…

jeff

• Haha 2
36 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Lol after looking at the manual for a few minutes there I was just coming back to suggest you look at the Fx3 cvs, but you got it. Glad you solved it. I bit my tongue not to say reverse the wires…

jeff

The thought occurred to me too. But I'm developing restraint in my old age. 🙂

• Haha 1