A few pictures of my layout

andreas

Hi

When I introduced myself a few days ago, someone suggested I post some pics of my layout - well, here it is... It is non-japanese and I only have a pic of one Japanese loco, need to do some more.  :grin

It is essentially a small Bavarian-style branch line terminus, but now I also run prussian trains, DRG and early DB, Uk trains, US trains and finally also Japanese trains. Usually I run steam witha  bit of diesel and the Japanese also has (will have) some electric locos. I am not into any modern  stuff, so 1950s is the end of my world.

Still lots to do, but that's the fun...

Andreas

post-232-1356992362444_thumb.jpg

post-232-135699236253_thumb.jpg

post-232-13569923626715_thumb.jpg

post-232-13569923628167_thumb.jpg

post-232-13569923629228_thumb.jpg

post-232-13569923630077_thumb.jpg

post-232-1356992363096_thumb.jpg

post-232-13569923631906_thumb.jpg

Thanks, guys.

Looks nice! Could you tell me a little more about your greenery techniques?

My greenery technique is very simple: I made a more or less smooth surface, the plaster happened to be light brown, brush a nice but not too thick coat of glue on (the same I use for wood).Then I use Noch grass, press it firmly (but not too firmly) on, let it dry off, hoover the left overs (with some stockings over the nozzle to re-use the grass), then patch the blank spots witht he same technique. Nothing sophisticated really. I need to get some more bushes or so, too.

Looks Great! How did you do your water?

I used the BUSCH or HEKI, not sure which it was, water sheet (thick plastic which has a blue-ish type of paper going with it to put underneath), just out of the box.

Mudkip Orange

VERY nice layout, LOVE the detail.

And considering how many Japanese mountain/ski towns have intentionally copied the "alpine" look, you'd be just fine running all-JNR equipment there.

Leavenworth, Washington is another alpine-style "chalet" town on the wrong continent. It's right on the main BNSF (ex-Great Northern) line through the Cascade mountains, one of the busiest freight routes in the Western U.S.

Leavenworth, Washington is another alpine-style "chalet" town on the wrong continent. It's right on the main BNSF (ex-Great Northern) line through the Cascade mountains, one of the busiest freight routes in the Western U.S.

Did not know that, I was more thinking about somewhere more in the midwest where lots of Germans settled. Leavenworth is even a stop on the Empire Builder now  :toothy10: Now I only need to find something for the UK and it all fits...

Nice work Andreas....I love the little harbor you have on the opposite side, very cool.  The night shot is my favorite...an inspiration to encourage us to persist with all the extra wiring, it looks awesome (I thought it was a photo of the prototype at first!)!

And nothing wrong with running a mixed country line up!  I don't think you'll find yourself alone in that on this forum!  :grin

I love the little harbor you have on the opposite side, very cool.

I think this is one of the nicest features, even if I say so myself... One more pic for you then...

post-232-13569923636139_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

Looks real nice :)

How long have you been working on it so far?

Also, the water looks surprisingly good considering it's just a sheet of water "plastic".

How long have you been working on it so far?

I started about 3 years ago, but the last year I did not do much as we got a daughter in March, who somehow takes up lots of time...

I love the little harbor you have on the opposite side, very cool.

I think this is one of the nicest features, even if I say so myself... One more pic for you then...

Mmm... very nice.

/Magnus M