Yukari Layout Update - January 2022

Madsing

I had fun with iMovie the past days 😀. More importantly, I finally managed to run trains, trams and buses at the same time on the layout.

That's my January 2022 layout update.

• Like 14

What an amazing activity on this beautifull layout. 😍 There is heavy technologies … and everything run smooth. Great video !

I love your tram route,  it’s a fantastic job.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

• Like 2

Wow! Among everything else, you somehow converted the portrams to DCC. Admittedly I haven't looked into it (I run DC), but those are densely packed units that don't appear DC ready. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given everything else you've pulled off.

Thanks for sharing the video. What an incredible demonstration of all those logging, electrical, and automation details. You make me think nothing is impossible!

• Like 1

Thank you! I have used these DCC decoders for the Portram: http://www.snjpn.com/ngdcc/de28/de28TLRKj.htm

We need two per tram. They are a bit difficult to install but they work very well and it’s very satisfying to see these trams running around the layout. I spent a lot of time configuring the acceleration and deceleration parameters so that they stop and depart from stations in the smoothest way possible.

• Like 3

Very, very cool.

I have the thought of automating my tram loop one day. The rest of my layout is DC and will stay that way (though I acknowledge DCC is cooler!). But when it comes to automation, it gets spendy no matter what. I think I could do what I want to in DC, but it is really interesting to see there is an option to convert the Kato trams to DCC, should the mood strike me. (Your skills doing this type of conversion should be acknowledged here as well. Must have been tricky work.) DCC and automation just seem like a better match overall.

The results you have achieved speak for themselves! Looking forward to more videos of your layout in the future, please!

• Like 1