Any place that sells Greenmax Railway Color paints and ships to the US?

shazzner

There is no importer in the us currently I know of who brings over greenmax stuff. There was but it closed down like 6 or 7 years back (mokei imports).

shipping is the issue of any liquids these days as well. I think there are some ways you can still ship acrylics that are non pressurized, but I think many just don’t want to bother with the details to do it. You could talk to Nariichi san at Modeltrainplus as he will so some private shopping and shipping for customers (for a small fee) or try one of the buying agents that will buy from Japanese shops and then reshipping it overseas. 

other option is to try to find the Vallejo or tamiya colors that might match and be available in the us. I’ve gotta think someone may have done a crosswalk of their colorcharts.

jeff

15 hours ago, cteno4 said:

There is no importer in the us currently I know of who brings over greenmax stuff. There was but it closed down like 6 or 7 years back (mokei imports).

shipping is the issue of any liquids these days as well. I think there are some ways you can still ship acrylics that are non pressurized, but I think many just don’t want to bother with the details to do it. You could talk to Nariichi san at Modeltrainplus as he will so some private shopping and shipping for customers (for a small fee) or try one of the buying agents that will buy from Japanese shops and then reshipping it overseas. 

other option is to try to find the Vallejo or tamiya colors that might match and be available in the us. I’ve gotta think someone may have done a crosswalk of their colorcharts.

jeff

Ah that makes sense. I think I'm just going to try it the old school way and just try and mix the colors myself.

Martijn Meerts

These are solvent based paints btw, which makes shipping even more problematic. I've looked into them several times since I'm also building some kits, but since they're solvent based I pretty much just don't bother.

• Like 1

I have asked Nariichi in the past about purchasing/shipping paint and was informed that it was illegal to ship paint from Japan.

Edited by VJM
wording
  • Like 1