JRM: B&O Show In January

Guest ___

Baltimore, MD - Japan Rail Modelers is proud to become a part of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum's Holiday Festival of Trains event!

Our layout will be on display at the museum Saturday, January 9, and Sunday, January 10, 2010. The Holiday Festival of Trains is a six-week event featuring a number of different model railroads displayed among the real trains in the roundhouse.

It's a rare opportunity to experience the JRM layout in the middle of America's most important, historic and comprehensive railroad collection. Come and get your picture taken with Goji, our six foot tall inflatable Godzilla. Layout visit is included with museum admission fee.

January 9 (Saturday), 10am - 4pm

January 10 (Sunday), 11am - 4pm

http://www.borail.org/

http://www.japanrailmodelers.org/pages/news.html

Dang--I'd love to go, but that's just a few days before we go to Costa Rica to stare at tropical plants and wildlife, so we'll probably be packing like mad. Plus Amtrak can't get us there and back in one day, and it would cost $225 plus hotel to do an overnight round trip. :-P

I'll check the website to see if there are any other shows coming up....

Are you going to have the layout in the roundhouse?

I'm not sure where we are to set up at exactly. Because of my work schedule, I won't make it down until Saturday.

Dang--I'd love to go, but that's just a few days before we go to Costa Rica to stare at tropical plants and wildlife, so we'll probably be packing like mad. Plus Amtrak can't get us there and back in one day, and it would cost $225 plus hotel to do an overnight round trip. :-P

I'll check the website to see if there are any other shows coming up....

We don't have the other shows up year, but there are two more real close to this one, one at Dulles then Timonium.

I don't have the date at the moment, though it was talked about on the JRM listserv. I'm sure Jeff will be on here with that info for ya. Ken Rice is the OIC for that event.

Im pretty sure we are dong Timonum Feb 6-7 (have to verify we are all good to go on this one). As far as i know we are not doing the World's greatest hobby show (the dullas show). i dont think the paperwork was ever submitted as we had too much going on and no one wanted to take this on as the showmaster... 

cheers

jeff

We seemed pretty go for it at the Lion's Club, though there was some debate if three shows in that short of time was too much. I was looking forward to te Dulless show, anycase thought Kent and Curt wanted to do that one as it was closet to their area, but again paperwork snaffu makes the show a def. no-go.

i think it was the concern having three shows very close together with the new layout still in the 'in progress' stage was the big concern. matthew put out the email asking if anyone wanted to take the show on, get the invite and organize the show, but as far a i know no one picked up the torch. someone has to carry each show and be the showmaster, muster the crew, arrange with the event, arrange transport, etc for a show to happen. no showmaster no show...

ill put out an email, but at this point i think we are all a bit stretched on time and resources to manage it and might be hard to get an invite at this point even if we get the crew together to attempt it.

There is still a lot of work to be done on the new layout! Curt and i started the mountain last night, going to be pretty good sized! Matthew and I should finish the yard connection this week as well.

cheers

jeff

i think it was the concern having three shows very close together with the new layout still in the 'in progress' stage was the big concern. matthew put out the email asking if anyone wanted to take the show on, get the invite and organize the show, but as far a i know no one picked up the torch. someone has to carry each show and be the showmaster, muster the crew, arrange with the event, arrange transport, etc for a show to happen. no showmaster no show...

ill put out an email, but at this point i think we are all a bit stretched on time and resources to manage it and might be hard to get an invite at this point even if we get the crew together to attempt it.

There is still a lot of work to be done on the new layout! Curt and i started the mountain last night, going to be pretty good sized! Matthew and I should finish the yard connection this week as well.

cheers

jeff

Which I mean to bug ya with the matsuri. ^_^