Off Camber Curves

Jimbo

Ive been re doing some of my lay out,   Is it acceptable to have off camber curves? Ive seen so much that have banked curves but never noticed off camber??  Yes Ive noticed that in the real world they are eather flat or have some positive banking to them, Any thoughts? or is it my OCD kicking in lol Thanks

Edited by disturbman
  • disturbman changed the title to Off Camber Curves
Andrew Nummelin

I think one may well get negative cant on formations like a double junction to the outside of a canted curve but I’d prefer to consult a permanent way engineer to be sure.

Thanks I guess I should stop over thinking lol   I was just thinking as I have a couple of curves that cant towards the outside of the curve, 

i know how the "laws" of physics work ,for the most party  anyway, i was over thinking an trying to compare them to n scale ,,, I can understand the pro's an con's  to inclines, in n scale,an ,,but wasnt sure about curves?? just wondering was all, my layout isn't correct by any means,  i guess I've watched too many videos ?? an never noticed any negitive cant, just the positive,Oh well Thanks for the  reply's !!