Trainspotting in Korea

ptr

If anybody is interested in watching South Korean trains, I decided to share my trainspotting videos 🙂

First one was filmed in late November, it shows a combination of trains and autumn colors in city of Bucheon, east of Seoul.

Tracks are located near small park, so during a walk I could hear a combination of birds singing, conversations of walking ladies, together with train sounds.

This video shows only Seoul Metro Line 1 trains, which in Seoul are moving underground, however in neighbouring satellite cities it goes above the ground.

You can see 4 tracks, as both ways there are regular and express trains operating.

Autumn walk with trains in Bucheon, Korea

• Like 6

Hi! nice video!

BTW can you tell us something about train models Korea? I saw something in H0 scale and some kitbashing in N, but nothing more (I think I used wrong terms translation, after 20 years I can handle some japanese terms, but Korean is new for me)
I know, KTX basically is a TGV and I planned to do one, but also the evolution and the varius prototype tempting me but no more than photo till now...(no drawings, etc..)
train books and magazine are available? (not tons like in Japan, but something to read/ photo to see...)
if you have 2 mins to spent about it, maybe also somebody other are interested....

ciao!

Massimo

On 12/18/2021 at 5:32 AM, jappomania said:

train books and magazine are available? (not tons like in Japan, but something to read/ photo to see...)
if you have 2 mins to spent about it, maybe also somebody other are interested....

I did some research and prepared a list for you. I created another topic to avoid confusion, please check it 🙂

• Thanks 1

This time I want to introduce you to Airport Railroad Express trains in Korea. 

One is a regular train that connects Incheon International Airport with many stations in cities of Incheon and Seoul, it runs every ~7 minutes or so. And second one is an express train that stops only in few main stations, runs every 30 minutes.

Airport Railroad Express trains in Korea

• Like 2

One day when it's feasible to travel again, we are planning a trip from Tokyo along the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen to Fukuoka, and from there by ferry to Korea, where I've never been.

• Like 1

This is so far my favourite video about Korean trains.

When I arrived on the overpass, there was a dad with two small kids, and they were watching the trains together. It reminded me of myself 30 years ago when my dad used to take me to local train station and had patience to sit with me for hours while I was watching trains 🙂 I tried to add that feeling of excitement to this video 🙂

Seoul Metro Line 1 trains

• Like 1