New 400 series for the Osaka Metro Chuo Line

railsquid

It looks vaguely familiar but I can't place where I have seen a similar thing (movie or whatever)...   I looked at a bunch of candidates online but nothing...

I like what appear to be banks of LED lights at each corner of the front.

Definitely Sci-Fi - from the era before Sci-Fi became all dystopian and dark.

HankyuDentetsu

Absolutely love it! Only Osaka would dare to run with a design like this!

What does it look like - I'm getting hints of the cockpit from the Millenium Falcon, and a vibes from the bridge of the Pillar of Autumn from Halo 1 🙂 

image.thumb.png.9e878ea3d9498e04510462b3f0d96093.png

• Like 1

Robot version of the Seibu "silver worm" 30000 series. High backed seats push up the window line, making for a slightly claustrophobic effect, and odd side profile.  Preliminary, I know, it could change.

8 hours ago, bikkuri bahn said:

Robot version of the Seibu "silver worm" 30000 series. High backed seats push up the window line, making for a slightly claustrophobic effect, and odd side profile.  Preliminary, I know, it could change.

ahh thanks it was the high windows! Something was saying to my brain “cramped” from the outside view. Yes high windows would have that effect from the inside and for some reason high windows says prison to my mind as well.

jeff

• Haha 1
On 12/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, bikkuri bahn said:

Robot version of the Seibu "silver worm"

Yes, I was also reminded of a caterpillar or a earthworm, maybe mated with that robotic suit Sigourney Weaver wears in Alien 1.

I kind of like it, and hate it at the same time. It's definitely unique and memorable.