Tobu Railway N100 ltd. express stock to be introduced 2023

bikkuri bahn

TokyoImperialPalace

While it is a limited express train only, it would be a step up from what is currently there. The stations along the Skytree line are very well designed and the branding is good as well, but the prices really do not match the quality of the interior of the trains which look a little dated, and the price is among the highest in Japan.

Spacia X maintains and inherits the tradition and brand image built by the predecessor limited express Spacia, as a flagship limited express of higher quality. The concept is to connect with We are preparing various preparations for the debut on July 15th this year, but we are releasing production and preparation scenes that we can not usually see on our official YouTube channel before the start of operation. This time, it is a collaboration project between Toubu Channel and Railway YouTuber Gami. Spacia X, which is under construction at Kasado Works of Hitachi, Ltd., has finally entered the final stage of vehicle inspection and testing. Various inspections of the vehicle body and functions are performed, and the performance of the vehicle is carefully checked by actually running it on the premises. A railway YouTuber sneaked into the site of the inspection and test with Mi-san. 

Please take a look at the final stage of Spacia X, which took two and a half years from design to production. In the future, we plan to release the appearance of Spacia X until its debut on the Tobu Railway official YouTube channel.

Spacia X special site https://www.tobu.co.jp/spaciax/

Video from [Official] Tobu Railway Channel / TOBU Railway

Earlier Tobu Official video:

On July 15, 2023, a new limited express "Spacia X" connecting Asakusa to Nikko/Kinugawa will be launched. As a successor to the "Limited Express SPACIA" that has connected the city center with the Nikko/Kinugawa area, it will make its debut as a higher quality flagship limited express. Design elements that have been honed over the course of history have evolved to reflect the current era, transforming the vehicle into a vehicle with a traditional yet contemporary design. There are a total of 6 types of seat variations, so you can choose according to your travel style. As of 2022, this new limited express "Spacia X" is under production at the Kasado Works of Hitachi, Ltd. (Kudamatsu City, Yamaguchi Prefecture). This time, we will introduce the "rigging" work and painting work for installing pipes, electrical wiring, parts, etc. in the room and under the floor. 

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3
bikkuri bahn

Just this early evening JST. Between Numazu and Mishima:

Passing through Kanagawa Prefecture @Hiratsuka Station approx 7:31 this evening:

• Like 2

Interior of Spacia X.  Video by  鉄道新聞 - 鉄道ニュースをやさしく解説   (Railway Newspaper - Easy commentary on railway news)

• Like 2

I'm to be in Japan on Sept. I'll book one month in advance my Spacia X ticket for a travel to Nikko ... and back with the Revalty if I can 

I've been several times in Nikko, great place to be. 

• Like 1

I used to live near Nikko although I was on the Tobu Isesaki line and had to travel halfway to Asakusa to get back on to the Nikko Line. The Ryomo was always the quickest way although always smelt like stale tobacco, even in non-smoking. 

I’d recommend the Nikko Toshogu Festival in May if anyone comes to Japan around that time. 1000 people in Edo period costume and some horse mounted archery. Very impressive spectacle. 

Managed to get a seat (premium seat) from Tochigi to Asakusa on a late afternoon down service, a couple weeks ago.  Was the only one available for that train the day before the travel date. I would say the seat comfort is better than the standard JR East green cars on ltd. express services, but a notch below any of the Saphir Odoriko seating or the premium seats on the the Kintetsu Hinotori (my favorite). 

• Like 3
On 9/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, bikkuri bahn said:

Managed to get a seat (premium seat) from Tochigi to Asakusa on a late afternoon down service, a couple weeks ago.  Was the only one available for that train the day before the travel date. I would say the seat comfort is better than the standard JR East green cars on ltd. express services, but a notch below any of the Saphir Odoriko seating or the premium seats on the the Kintetsu Hinotori (my favorite). 

As - If everything runs as expected - I'll test Spacia X, Revaty, Saphir Odoriko  etc ... next week, I should be able to report in JNS my journeys

• Like 1