Hello from a Canadian living in Tokyo!

Spydarman

Hello everyone,

Just introduce myself, I'm from Winnipeg, Canada. (Where the name Winnie the Pooh comes from 😀).

I've been living in Tokyo for 10 years and have loved the train culture here.

I've started taking some videos of trains and train riding, which I'd like to share with people.

I've already posted the video of riding the Yamanote Line in another section, but I'll re-post it in this message:

https://youtu.be/jKUBYGwoW3A

If you enjoy it, please consider subscribing!

If people are interested, I'd like to take some requests to take more train videos around town.

Thank you!

ありがとうございます

• Like 5

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

Other than making great videos do you have any modeling interests ? 

There's something very soothing about watching/listening to a cab ride. Keep up the good work and thank you.

Tom

6 hours ago, Tom C said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

Other than making great videos do you have any modeling interests ? 

There's something very soothing about watching/listening to a cab ride. Keep up the good work and thank you.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the greetings!

I've never really been exposed to the train modeling world, but I'd like to learn about it.

Maybe I'll take a look and see what's available around town and report back to the discussion forum!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, railsquid said:

Greetings also from Tokyo 😄

Hi! Thanks for the greetings!

How do you like living here in Tokyo?

Where are you originally from?

Welcome spydarman! Glad you are enjoying the train culture of japan, it is so fun! Look forward to piling Thru your videos.

try visiting a few hobby shops, some have layouts and you can see things in action. Ttrak and katos new mini diorama let you do some micro modules and train setups in small places w.o the need for lots of space and also find local clubs you can run your modules with at events. It’s a fun hobby to mix the interest in trains with a creative outlet and some good playing with mechanical and electrical. It’s a nice mix!

cheers

jeff

10 hours ago, Spydarman said:

Hi! Thanks for the greetings!

How do you like living here in Tokyo?

Where are you originally from?

Originally from Britain, though I haven't lived there for a looooong time.

Tokyo is addictively convenient, especially if you don't actually have to commute.

On 11/10/2021 at 4:57 AM, cteno4 said:

Welcome spydarman! Glad you are enjoying the train culture of japan, it is so fun! Look forward to piling Thru your videos.

try visiting a few hobby shops, some have layouts and you can see things in action. Ttrak and katos new mini diorama let you do some micro modules and train setups in small places w.o the need for lots of space and also find local clubs you can run your modules with at events. It’s a fun hobby to mix the interest in trains with a creative outlet and some good playing with mechanical and electrical. It’s a nice mix!

cheers

jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the support!

I'll take your advice and take a look into the hobby! I remember getting a train set for Christmas when I was a kid, and I had a lot of fun with it. Once I find more hobby shops around town, I'll report my findings to the forum! I've seen some train sets at a franchised DIY store that were sold, which looked really interesting too.

Regards,

• Like 1
On 11/10/2021 at 8:20 AM, railsquid said:

Originally from Britain, though I haven't lived there for a looooong time.

Tokyo is addictively convenient, especially if you don't actually have to commute.

I'd say "addictively convenient" is a perfect description!

The culture here has made me enjoy non-automobile commuting. In Canada, I would not hesitate to take my car to the grocery store, when I could have walked there in 10-15 minutes. Living in Japan, has made me appreciate my own legs 😆.

Hi Spydarman,

Welcome to the forum and thank for sharing your video riding the Yamanote Line.

It was brilliant quality and will be very useful for my needs.

Joe

On 11/12/2021 at 1:32 AM, JR East said:

welcome aboard

Thanks JR East!

You are from France? Did you happen to spend some time in Japan as well?

7 hours ago, Kamome442 said:

Hi Spydarman,

Welcome to the forum and thank for sharing your video riding the Yamanote Line.

It was brilliant quality and will be very useful for my needs.

Joe

Thanks for the warm greetings and positive support, Joe!

I hope to record a video on the outer line track of the Yamanote line in the future so people can compare the ride in reverse.

• Like 1