A warm Hello from Spain

Alberto_Renfe

Alberto_Renfe

Hello Jeff first of all thank you so much to your admin staff to accept me here and sorry for my English. I am interested about all kind of trains, I do trainspotting in Europe and also in China when I have chance to travel but I also do train modeling. I started with the trains from my country but now I can say that I have trains from all over the world, N and HO scale. I belong to a small Model Club and I am in charge of train layouts because my collegues make Warhammer, Star Wars, 2ndWW dioramas etc.

Alberto_Renfe

In the north of Spain we have contributed to repaint and old Bistro car from Renfe and now it is the library of the village.

IMG_20210613_214610.jpg

• Like 6

No worries at all on your english, we are a very international forum and many English as a second language write better English than some of use English as a first language speakers! 

you’ll find a group of very world wide train fans and modelers here as well.

love the painted library train! Great way to get kids (and the big variety as well) to love going to the library. What a fun building for a library.

cheers

jeff

Alberto_Renfe

Thank you so much, once a year the first weekend of June we always organize a trip by train, it is a weekend dedicated to railways, the railwaystation is used as a railway museum

• Like 1

Bienvenido Alberto! Aquí un tocayo. Qué bien ver más hispanohablantes en este foro de modelismo japonés. Ya somos un puñado!

Mods consider a sandbox topic in Spanish (and other languages) to talk about Japanese modelism here 😉

16 hours ago, Sr.Horn said:

Mods consider a sandbox topic in Spanish (and other languages) to talk about Japanese modelism here

We have talk about it several time but our main concern is that, if we allow topics in other languages, these topic will become exclusionary and will reduce the usefulness of the forum; which is to provide and propagate communal knowledge for people that cannot necessarily speak Japanese. It's fine to sometime resort to other languages in the welcoming threads, or to provide advice and comments in other threads if one cannot express themselves clearly enough, but we do not think that full topics or conversations should be held in other languages than English. Seeing how we have members from all other the world, the situation would soon become unmanageable. Of course, you can do it in private, through PMs, I have done that a few times throughout the years.

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome! Great to see more people interested in Chinese railway!

I've never been to Spain personally, but I have a Chinese friend who majored Spanish in College and is also a railfan. He spent a year in Madrid as an exchange student and had very good memories with Spanish rail systems as well. 

Hello and welcome,

I live just over the border in France but often take the train to Barcalona and I love the Spanish rail system. Being broad gauge the trains have so much more space in them. Very nice 👍

I look forward to seeing what you create.

Todo lo mejor

Tom

• Like 1
TokyoImperialPalace

I am very interested in the development of high speed rail in Spain. It is unique because broad gauge is technically capable of allowing high speed trains, but Spain chose to go for standard gauge high speed trains. This of course affects the development of high speed trains in the CIS and South Asia.