? to N Goya's (Imaging Labo Hamamatsu) #10850 Interior & Curtain Set for TOMIX `Twilight Express` Full Unit Interior Parts (for #HO-091/092/093)

al camino

Hi Folks

I tried the search function but failed to find a thread about the TOMIX `Twilight Express` (#HO-091/092/093).

The train looks fine but with the tinted windows without chrome or alu frames the appearance was not that good to me.

The lighting sets 0794 arrived last week and now the train looks nice.

Except the raw plastic interior now is visible.

N Goya's offers a HO Interior & Curtain Set for TOMIX `Twilight Express` Full Unit Interior Parts (for #HO-091/092/093) with number #10850.

My question now is if this set is worth the money?

Does anyone have experience with this set?

Thanks in advance for any hints that either make me order this set or prevent me from an expensive mistake.

I have used the N Goya (エヌ小屋) interior sets on N gauge but not HO. I got the ones for the Kato Cassiopeia as I didn’t like the brown interior either.

These sheets, when I used them, were Adobe illustrator type interior representations printed (a little low res) on photo paper. You had to carefully cut them out with a hobby knife and use double sided tape to attach them. I don’t know whether they have changed to self adhesive or pre-cut decals but they certainly used to be a bit crappy. Certainly better than moulded plastic.  

At that time the sets for one train were spread across 2 or 3 different sets. Hopefully they have improved since.

• Thanks 1
On 10/19/2021 at 1:56 AM, Kamome said:

At that time the sets for one train were spread across 2 or 3 different sets. Hopefully they have improved since.

They improved in your meaning. The set is for all 3 TOMIX sets - but I have only 2 sets (basic+A) as my train cannot be longer than 7 cars + locomotive.

So I will have the decoration for the B set left unused. I wonder which cars could take this decoration. No other series 24 cars in my rolling stock. All slepers are series 10 or series 20. Anyway I think I'll do order the deco set. Already invested the lighting and the huge panoramic windows really need some improved interior with the lights.

4 hours ago, Kamome said:

Please post some photos. I am still slightly tempted to get some interior details for the 20 and 24 series blue trains at some point.

We will have to be patient. HS: Backorder - Usually stocked within 180 days

Interior set at HS

On 10/19/2021 at 1:56 AM, Kamome said:

These sheets, when I used them, were Adobe illustrator type interior representations printed (a little low res) on photo paper. You had to carefully cut them out with a hobby knife and use double sided tape to attach them. I don’t know whether they have changed to self adhesive or pre-cut decals but they certainly used to be a bit crappy. Certainly better than moulded plastic.  

I just read this forum via my tablet and your replies were noted to be new (on the tablet).

And then I understood your "improved" in relation to "little low res", "carefully cut them out" and "use double sided tape".

The Upgrade Parts for Model Icon マニ44 was precut (laser) cardbord and selfsticking colored foil. It was well worth the money in relation to the work and money effort (measuring, cutting, buy matching colors (gray, green) and painting, chrome stripes).

Judging from the pictures on HS I am afraid the self cutting and tape thing has t be made 😞 

Let's see what the delivered product offers. Yesterday I decided to order it.

• Like 1

Shipment notice today!

Amended 2 Series 20 Coaches to reduce shipment cost per item. A single item postage takes an arm and a leg.

Edited by al camino
shadowtiger25

I bought their interior upgrade kit for my HO tenshodo Niseko express and it was printed on heavy vinyl with adhesive on the back.

All of it went in easy and has really improved things and makes it look nice. So personally I thought it was worth it. 

One thing to note, you may have to do some light painting but the directions should tell you what if anything does and the colors you should use