Hello from Nanjing China

ND5-2

Hello everyone,

I'm a student pursuing the bachler's degree in the US. My hometown (maybe I should call it homecity?) is Nanjing China. I started to collect several HO Bachmann models several years ago. But my recent collection changed to N scale trains. 

My user name comes from my favorite locomotive. This is a Chinese version of C36-7 which is running on Nanjing-Wuhu railway.

1341.thumb.jpg.9167f744ba51d7a89be4126dad41d349.jpg

My first n scale train set is Kato 923 doctor yellow. And here is one of my recent collections. Charming N scale HXD3C. I didn't install the detail parts when I took the picture.

1060642138_WeChatImage_20211005202507.thumb.jpg.fcdbb9e379ee36dc60f6b11b23dff84d.jpg

Edited by ND5-2
  • Like 10

Welcome ND, glad you found us. More interest has been gathering on all the new chinese n scale models coming out.

cheers

jeff

Welcome ND5-2, Chinese N scale is definitely getting more attention around here. Charming really kicked the ant farm. I totally expect them to announce an N scale ND5. It's nice to have more modelers interested in Chinese N scale on the forum. I'm still waiting on my first Charming models, I'm curious to see how they will compare with Minitown and the Japanese manufacturers.

9 hours ago, ND5-2 said:

My hometown (maybe I should call it homecity?) is Nanjing China.

I feel you. I'm from Paris and hometown always felt slightly inappropriate. Hometropolis?

Edited by disturbman

你好兄弟! Welcome to the forums! 

Your first N scale train set is an interesting one, the Doctor Yellow is definately an attractive start! 

Hi ND, welcome to the forum!

On the side of the ND5-2 in the picture, what do 上局 and 宇東段 mean?  Does 上局 refer to being in the Shanghai administrative region?

9 hours ago, miyakoji said:

On the side of the ND5-2 in the picture, what do 上局 and 宇東段 mean?  Does 上局 refer to being in the Shanghai administrative region?

Yep, 上局 is the abbreviation of Shanghai railway bureau, which is kind of the same as the 鉄道管理局 in the JNR era or a division in the US context.

宁 is the abbreviation of Nanjing, 东 is east, so 宁东段 is the Nanjing east locomotive depot, similar to a 機関区.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, miyakoji said:

Hello. Your idea is correct. Like Nozomi said, 上局 was the abbreviation of Shanghai Railway Administration. But after China State Railway Group Company seperated from Ministry of Railways (defunct), Shanghai Railway Administration changed to China Railway Shanghai Group, one of the 21 subsidiaries of CR. (Same thing except they changed their name) Because Nozomi covered most of the information, I want to share something that you might find it interesting. Normally we use X局X段 to indecate the locomotive or train car deport where the train belongs. For example, 京局丰段 means the locomotive belongs to China Railway Beijing Group Fengtai Deport. Most of the deport indicators have four words. However, 上局宁东段 has five words. It is very special in CR system and makes the paint job of the indicators become "creative".

Here is two examples from Nanjing east deport DF11. (Shot at Nanjing Railway Station) Minitown made this locomotive in N scale. 

791567071_2985(2).jpg.1aa4ce1d30b25a2376df814a6ee7c549.jpg1638823594_2990(2).thumb.jpg.0cfef921e29fd7c204e30ac9c7377ccd.jpg2985.thumb.jpg.3973294fbfbcbe3be698beef208ab253.jpg

Edited by ND5-2
  • Like 6