Kato upgrade kits

Kamome

IIRC they slightly changed the coupler on the 351 cab ends as they were somewhat notorious for derailments with the tilt. Also better illumination from the more up to date LEDs. I have the last, newer released version so unsure if anything else changed. 

This thread is for discussing the upgrade kits Kato occasionally releases to bring older versions of its models up to modern standards. The kits typically include LED lighting and various other parts used in current versions of the model.

Continued from here:

On 10/2/2021 at 8:57 PM, railsquid said:

(Which reminds me - Kato is putting out a new E351 release next year, need to make sure I can snaffle any parts to upgrade my old one).

They release an upgrade kit (28-233) for the old version at the same time the new one came out, unfortunately I was distracted by real life at the time and by the time I remembered, they had all gone.

Edited by railsquid
add description of thread

Ah yes, I did exactly the same with the  651.  I got the update parts but missed the extra motor and interior lights. They disappeared pretty quick

On 10/3/2021 at 2:03 PM, railsquid said:

They release an upgrade kit (28-233) for the old version at the same time the new one came out, unfortunately I was distracted by real life at the time and by the time I remembered, they had all gone.

Just went back up for pre order today. HS has it. I am sure others will follow soon.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10502083

https://www.1999.co.jp/10502083

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate kato making these upgrade kits, I just wish more would be available for people who don't get them as soon as they come out.  I missed the 0 Series kit when that came out a little while ago and now they're impossible to find.

54 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

and now they're impossible to find.

KATO 28-245?

there are 3 on Yahoo Auction in their original packaging, one of which is even below the MSRP.

• Like 1

I just got an email from Hobby Search about the 28-223 "The awaited item is available now !". It took me a while to figure what it was, and why I asked to be notified when it was again available for ordering. I see now that I registered for this item on Feb 23, 2018, so that sort of explains why I couldn't remember it right away.

• Haha 3