A warm hello from the Netherlands

Dandelion

Hi, as a gamer from the Netherlands I'm very attracted to Japan. Don't know why... just joking. I remember that I had a German steam locomotive circle as kid but we moved house and I think that was the end of the set...I just can't remember where it went. As kid I also glued some airplane scale models. Then scale modeling and Lego went into the dark ages. Two years ago I bought a Lego cargo train, it was very fun to build but I couldn't make room for the track. It ended on a shelve in my mancave. Played some Train simulator and watch some vids (tnx Youtube algorithm) suddenly I came across Kato and Tomix in N gauge/scale. Bought Tomix set 90090 and here I am, looking for more info, tips and conversations.

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Welcome! Interesting choice for a starter set. Did you chose the 485 for its koploper looks?

Tnx! Well yeah, I like the "koploper" and thought this would be a nice set to start. But I also like suburban/metro trains and trams. I'm into the whole "metropolis" type of arrangement, if you get my drift. 

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I like the "koploper" and thought this would be a nice set to start. But I also like suburban/metro trains and trams. I'm into the whole "metropolis" type of arrangement, if you get my drift. 

The 485 is a classic and iconic train. If you are into more urban trains, Japanese N offers a lot of variety. You might want to look at models from the various major private companies from around the Tokyo and Osaka area. There is a lot of variety.

• Like 1

Welcome Dandelion! A Tomix 485 was my first N-scale set, quickly followed by a Sanyo 0 Series Shinkansen.

I collect some American railroads from my region and a few European engines and cars here and there... with a focus on Dutch trainsets. Just got my first 1600 class engine.