Trainz eBay Shop

Worship

I didn't see any threads on this place so I thought I'd post one. I recently placed an order with these guys and I'm thinking I might regret it. I saw that they had an outstanding eBay seller rating which was great, but upon closer inspection I noticed they have A LOT of Negative and Neutral reviews. I saw this right before I placed an order and figured I'd take a chance.

They're friendly through email I guess, but they began being sketchy when they planned to NOT combine shipping and let the customer overpay excessive costs (This is within the US btw). Then it appeared they were sending two packages even though I requested they not - since it's not necessary for small items. The package arrived today and only one of 7 items showed up.. Reviewing the order details it appears they were all added to the same tracking so I was confused...

My first thought is that they found some loophole to NOT send you all the items but then can claim innocence by showing all the items successfully delivered. 😑

This could very well have been a scam and if it is, that's so upsetting... But I still have yet to see if this can be resolved through them or via PayPal/Bank.

So just a warning: STAY CLEAR OF TRAINZ EBAY SHOP 😖

Edited by Worship
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would wait a few days to see if another package shows up.  Hopefully the other things got sent in another package and will show up soon enough.

2 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I would wait a few days to see if another package shows up.  Hopefully the other things got sent in another package and will show up soon enough.

Yea they responded after I asked and seem to be polite, so it's possible this is all a mix up. Apparently they're shipping from different warehouses.. But doesn't explain why everything shows as 'delivered' already. So I guess we'll see!

• Like 1

You have to pay attention to the sites and how they are designed. Square space has a distinct look as well as Shopify. Trainz is a Shopify site.

Shopify is like Amazon where they have fulfillment centers. If Trainz has the item on hand they can ship. It it is in a west coast warehouse it will ship

from there. This why the shipping is split up. The negative reviews are from people not understanding the e-commerce platforms that are out there.

I have used them and had no problems as I email and checked if they had it first and then ordered.

Inobu

Something that vendors need to be transparent about with their customers as many customers don’t know much of anything about shopping and fulfillment systems and such.

Other situations like separate orders being shipped from overseas and then bundled by an on shore final leg shipper. Can be an issue if the bundled shipment is lost or damaged and tracking numbers change and are not always tracked themselves so well. I recently had one of these suppliers think they had delivered fo me but nothing showed up. Turns out it was delivered to the bundler (hence the receipt of delivery) not to me and it turned up in a bundled package a week later. All this kind of stuff needs to be transparent and upfront, but sadly usually is not and at best you suss it all out after the purchase has been made.

btw trainz Japanese tomytec stuff all seems to be at walther’s inflated SRP for tomytec at 50-100% over Japanese street price.

Jeff

• Like 2

I purchased form Trainz once.  A Minitrix German locomotive that was at a good price (not great, but in the US and a reasonable price for a change).  This was a couple years ago and the transaction was fine.   I did not have multiple items nor try and combine anything but they've been around a while and are legit as far as my experience goes.

Alright so all the items did arrive, thankfully. The customer service were polite and communicative and answered my questions. It still didn't explain why one package showed they were all delivered. As soon as I saw that and saw the bad reviews I thought I might have just walked into a big scam. If the tracking clearly showed that the items were split into two different packages, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Another thing is one of the products had been opened. It was in good condition and all the pieces were there, but this is also something I've noticed people leaving bad reviews about. Items clearly being preowned or opened before... So if you're planning on ordering from Trainz, just keep this in mind!

Oh also as Jeff said, they charge more for items you could easily get elsewhere.

• Like 1