Snowplow for Kato C11 2002 and a Hokkaido C50 question

Stephen NZ

I want to fit my Kato C11 2002 with a snowplow for Hokkaido, but I can't see any parts for that? My question is whether there is a snowplow for this model or, alternatively, has anyone been able to fit the snowplow for KATO C12 Snow Plow assy part Z02-2213, which I think can be fitted to the new model C11? I was hoping the attachment might be compatible even though the scale is slightly different...

Also, has anyone ever seen a photo of a C50 when they operated in Hokkaido to know whether they were fitted with snowplows before they were transferred? I realise finding a photo of one to see is a long shot, because the had all been transferred out of Hokkaido by the mid-1950s. Searching Google doesn't produce many photos of C50s except in current static preservation and none of them have snow plows now. The only photos of them operating I have found are all in central Japan in the 1960s.

Thanks in advance

Yes I also can’t find any images older than 1960s. I can’t imagine any locomotives were in Hokkaido without snow ploughs so I would assume they all did. Even northern Tohoku locomotives would have all had them I’d imagine.

Kato did mention about the C12 snowplough fitting the C11 when the C12 was first released. Might be worth comparing the image here with your version. If it has this pull out dummy coupler then it should fit.

https://www.katomodels.com/hobbycenter/blog/medias/uploads/C11オススメAssy.pdf

• Like 1

I’ve looked at the attachment and I think it has a good chance of working. Thanks very much for the idea.

16 hours ago, Kamome said:

Yes I also can’t find any images older than 1960s. I can’t imagine any locomotives were in Hokkaido without snow ploughs so I would assume they all did. Even northern Tohoku locomotives would have all had them I’d imagine.

Kato did mention about the C12 snowplough fitting the C11 when the C12 was first released. Might be worth comparing the image here with your version. If it has this pull out dummy coupler then it should fit.

https://www.katomodels.com/hobbycenter/blog/medias/uploads/C11オススメAssy.pdf