Platform signs

Stephen NZ

I'm trying to add some signs and details to platforms beyond the station name board. 

I was assuming this attached picture is platform numbers but it has both a 2 and 1 so wanted to clarify what it is and the numbering conventions if so (why 1 above 2 not 2 over 1) 

Also, I was hoping to  model the mirror on the post where the driver stops but I can't work out how to attach an angled mirror to a pole. Any recommendations?

Any other recommendated adornments? I've added vending machines.

Thanks

20210821_093631.jpg

Edited by Stephen NZ

To me they look a lot like the signs telling the driver of 1 and 2 car concist where to stop the train. For platform numbers I wouldn't expect numbers on tilted squares and certainly not two numbers in the same place. More photos showing more of the station might bring more clarity.

As for the mirror I don't really understand the problem. For most scales we model that's just a small flat square, isn't ut?

As for adornments, if JR East could put a vineyard on one of their platforms, https://japantoday.com/category/features/travel/shiojiri-station-–-the-train-station-that-doubles-as-a-wine-vineyard I guess you can put pretty much whatever you want there.   😊

Searching the web for photos of lots of station platforms should provide plenty of inspiration.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MeTheSwede said:

To me they look a lot like the signs telling the driver of 1 and 2 car concist where to stop the train.

They are indeed platform stopping markers.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2021 at 3:15 AM, MeTheSwede said:

To me they look a lot like the signs telling the driver of 1 and 2 car concist where to stop the train. For platform numbers I wouldn't expect numbers on tilted squares and certainly not two numbers in the same place. More photos showing more of the station might bring more clarity.

As for the mirror I don't really understand the problem. For most scales we model that's just a small flat square, isn't ut?

As for adornments, if JR East could put a vineyard on one of their platforms, https://japantoday.com/category/features/travel/shiojiri-station-–-the-train-station-that-doubles-as-a-wine-vineyard I guess you can put pretty much whatever you want there.   😊

Searching the web for photos of lots of station platforms should provide plenty of inspiration.

Thanks for that. I don't have other photos, it was just a screen grab from Instagram, but it's next to the mirror, so stopping points makes sense now. For the mirror, I was having a problem suspending the mirror on an angle while attached to teh post, but I guess I can just ignore the angle and glue it directly to the post.

On 8/22/2021 at 5:59 PM, bill937ca said:

Which railroad and which station is the photo?

Given the style of markers, "desolate" landscape mirrored in the platform mirror and the style of the building, i'd say something somewhere in Hokkaido.

• Like 1