Series 651 `Super Hitachi` Four Car Set

Hambal

Hi guys,

Guess I made another blunder 3 months ago when I bought the Series 651 `Super Hitachi` Four Car Set without realising that the set comes without a motorised locomotive. 

I missed the following info' the supplier have mentioned on their website.  "In our products, a 7-car train is incorporated as a basic set with a powered vehicle, and a 4-car train is configured as a product WITHOUT  a powered vehicle as an additional set".

And so, I am now with a set without the motorised loco. Anyway I am glad they are now offering to sell the motorised loco alone although it is now OUT OF STOCK !!!. So for the moment it's in the box. 

Series 651 Super Hitachi.jpg

Hi, 

Indeed you can turn your unmotorized car into a motorized car by purchasing as spare part the reference KATO 28-229 as depicted on page 6 of the Kato Assy notice (https://www.katomodels.com/product/n/651kei)

Looking to a simple Google search with "kato 28-229", you can see the part available here (e.g)

http://hokutosei2014.shop-pro.jp/?pid=148273551 --> It seems they've one available whereas other vendors are out of stock. I've never ordered at Hokutosei2014. 

Otherwise, you can also ask the famous Rail Gallery Rokko, even if this is not in their stock, they can order it. 

JR. 

Don’t forget you will also need to order 2 of the motor bogies in addition to the motor unit if you find the parts separately. Not the 28-229 upgrade set.

The assy part motor units come with brass strips fitted and the interior detail piece attached but no drive shafts or driven bogies.

Motor Unit 4184-3B

Motor bogie 4184ZD1

Kato are showing stock of the bogies but not the motor.

Edited by Kamome