Model Rail Contest App - Good inspiration for T-Trak, Mini-Diorama, and other layouts

I've been really into finding out more about Kato's Mini-Diorama layout format and stumbled upon the "Model Rail Contest" app which showcases entries from kids in elementary school, junior high, and senior high to adults. It's a pretty cool app if you're looking for inspiration for your next T-Trak module or what-have-you. It's limited right now in terms of what it showcases in some of the categories since the contest hasn't actually happened yet. But there's still plenty of entries to check out in the T-Trak and MiniDiorama sections.

You can get the app at the links below:

Google Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.katotrain.moraco_app 

Apple App Store - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/model-rail-contest-app/id1470223251

Edit: I realized I should post some screenshots so you guys can see what I'm talking about haha. Here's some examples of what it looks like:

1029786210_2021-08-1016_28_51.thumb.jpg.ee9d25266b0326927561a6daa4b84ba5.jpg    882345697_2021-08-1016_29_20.thumb.jpg.0ded4aa06670f82fcd2dea2fdd3af093.jpg

Edited by arkh
  • Like 2

We have been thinking of maybe doing a thing with a local kids museum and ttrak, but I’m sorta thinking these may be better for a starter project with the kids. Also would be inexpensive to then get a Btrain shorty and simple Pwm power source so they would have a finished product to show off.

jeff

That'd be a really cool idea. I know, as a kid, I would definitely have been into doing the mini dioramas. T-Track is super cool but as a project that a kid could just sit and get through very quickly, the mini diorama format is very nice.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking and easy to store and a lot less expense! Maybe I’ll find a lasercutter in the area to cut them rather than driving myself nutz on the band saw…

thanks for posting this!

jeff

I’m hoping to go to the Kato T Trak competition show in Hakata station on Saturday 14th. I don’t think it’s been covid cancelled yet. 

Edited by Kamome