New fan of the Hakone-Yumoto - Gora's line.

Casa-Alba

Hello everybody,

A few weeks ago, I happened to watch a video on YouTube of a crossing in one of the three zigzag stop points of the Hakone-Gora line.

I immediately fell in love with the line, the rolling stock, the atmosphere that emerges.

Now, I plan to reproduce an evocation of this line in H0.

I saw, for example, that Tomix had released in 2014 a 3000 train, hard now to find in Europe. I hope to find in the forum fans of this line and H0 rolling stock.

See you soon !

Casa-Alba.

• Like 1

Hi Casa-Alba, welcome aboard.

Can I ask you why HO and not N? Just curious as Japanese N is more widely available and cheaper than Japanese HO.

Thanks disturbman for your welcome on this forum 👍

The H0 scale makes it possible to build finer decors, and generally rolling stock work perfectly with more details.

I have a big garage on my house (approx. 8x5 meters), and I have built three years ago an H0 model railway set.

If my choice is an evocation of this fantastic line, I could just change the decor slightly, and change the storage by decorating it.

I fell in love with the EMU 3000-3100 and hope that Tomix will reproduce in H0 gauge the EMU 3100 in the near future.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Casa-Alba said:

If my choice is an evocation of this fantastic line, I could just change the decor slightly, and change the storage by decorating it.

Indeed, what's the current subject of your layout? And feel free to show us pictures 🙂

I have seen a few Hakone-Tozan line themed layout, I think they were posted here in the "Inspirational layouts" thread.

Nice, it looks lovely.

BB 67000? I have a memory of taking a train in Savoie pulled by one of those in the late 80s. If I remember it correctly, I was pretty young at the time. Always had a fondness for the blue diesels, too bad SNCF stock is so expensive in N.

Thanks 😉

This is BB 67400 a subset of the 67000 family, specialized for passengers trains. In Savoie in 80s there was BB 67300 other subset ...

For an eventual modification of my layout, I would change nothing of scenery and tracks, only rolling stock (BB 67400 substitued by 3000 for example). In other parts of layout (current right-of-way) I would create a new setting for zig-zag sections.