Tenshodo

The EF15 is the big wishlist item, but I may pick up a 185 as well if I have spare hobby money that month. 

Modellbahn JP

@Kamome @Kiha66

I've seen a post about 185 EMU from a shop of Yokohama.

It looks so nice and I recommend JNR Express and Tokaido(Shonan) color.

I think it's difficult to arrange with a factory of Bachmann in China.

Edited by Modellbahn JP
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, Modellbahn JP said:

I recommend JNR Express and Tokaido(Shonan) color.

I heartily agree, the 185 is gorgeous in those.

• Like 1

Wow! I particularly like the JNR express one. I have to be tough with myself and not fall down the rabbit hole of buying JR era trains as well. I’ll stick to a few JNR era ones but they are extremely nice.

I’m sure it’ll be a lovely model but justifying a 7 car unit made in China for ¥130,000 or a 7 car unit  (Kato Kiha 81 formation as example)  made in Japan for ¥50,000 is an easy choice for me. Then when you add the regular 30% discount from most large online stores, the difference gets bigger. I’m sure i’ll be impressed with the finished article comes out. 

I’ve seen a few images but does the train mark change with a motor or scrolls like the Kato n gauge ones do?

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1
Modellbahn JP
13 hours ago, Kamome said:

I’ve seen a few images but does the train mark change with a motor or scrolls like the Kato n gauge ones do?

About this video on KTM channel, If you wanna change the train mark, should scroll by your hand.

(From 1:02)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the video.  @Modellbahn JP Slightly less impressive with a stylus than the twisting Kato n gauge mechanism but lots of options and more prototypical in terms of how it moves. I wonder how well it would stay in place once the train moves.

Would your Kusatsu service become an Asama with a bit of Odoriko?

I know this is just probably a pre-production sample so who knows how well the finish article will fair. Tenshodo are not known for the duds so I’m sure QC will be very tight.

I wonder if a third party might develop some kind of mechanism to add to it.  We’ve already seen a YouTuber do this  on an n scale train.  

Also that ED46 looks pretty impressive but ¥363,000 is also a bit hard to justify for one of my many hobbies.

• Like 2
Modellbahn JP
5 hours ago, Kamome said:

Would your Kusatsu service become an Asama with a bit of Odoriko?

Confirming that, It was "Amagi" not "Asama"(I also made a mistake when watch the video)

Maybe, I think the final article would be changed as a prototype which appear in a video.

I don't heard Tenshodo's item is more terrible than their prototype.

Edited by Modellbahn JP
  • Like 1
Modellbahn JP
5 hours ago, Modellbahn JP said:

Maybe, I think the final article would be changed as a prototype 

@Kamome

Sorry, the final article "wouldn't" be changed.

Train name of Amagi is similar to Asama so it's confusing ha ha.

• Like 1
Modellbahn JP

@Kiha66

I guess tenshodo would be going to release EF15 at the same time.

If that would come true, Modelers can reproduce a local train like chuo line.

• Like 2
Modellbahn JP

Tenshodo announced they will release Tobu Railway Series 6050 EMU as "T-Evolution" in 2022

Edited by Modellbahn JP
  • Like 1
  • railsquid changed the title to Tenshodo