Modellbau Messe Wien 2022

Szepessy

Hi!

IG-nippoN (http://ig-nippon.org/) will be presenting a module layout at this exhibition in Vienna, Austria.

We are quite happy to have this opportunity. Pre Covid-19 there have been over 60.000 visitors.

Not sure how much it will be 2021, but please visit us too if possible this time 🙂

image.thumb.png.df499245c8efef380669640aa9de9ea0.png

https://www.modell-bau.at

Thx & bye, Tibor

P.S.: There will be a golden KATO locomotive shown 🤩

• Like 10
23 hours ago, Jaco3011 said:

Is it more of a meet-up (for driving) or fairs (for advertising of producers)?

Well. It is a fair. But there are not only commercial exhibitors. A lot of clubs exhibit there too.

Here are some impressions from 2015:

• Like 2

Get a table at the show and bring some HOm trains and some track and maybe a module and make your case to folks about doing some HOm. Make a flyer or business card to hand out with url for a little website stating what could be done in HOm for folks to go home and knoodlings on after the show. Maybe a chance to find other folks around there doing HOm and see what their experience has been and ways they have found to get folks into the niche. Contact the show organizers, they are almost always the types that like to be inclusive and also like having a lot of different stuff at events, we get this all the time here in the US with our Japanese setups, we are exotic and they like that, gets eyeballs and is memorable for the show. Having something on display gets tons of photos and videos posted to the web to maybe attract others in. Interacting with people directly can be more persuasive than just on the web and brings out different conversations.

it took a few years to get our Japanese n scale group going here in dc and attract a critical mass (and that was with a huge amount produced in n and easily and cheaply available), it takes work.

You have get up and do something if you want something new like this started. It ain’t gunna happen with you just demanding it because you want it. That’s life.

jeff

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Get a table at the show and bring some HOm trains and some track and maybe a module and make your case to folks about doing some HOm. Make a flyer or business card to hand out with url for a little website stating what could be done in HOm for folks to go home and knoodlings on after the show. Maybe a chance to find other folks around there doing HOm and see what their experience has been and ways they have found to get folks into the niche. Contact the show organizers, they are almost always the types that like to be inclusive and also like having a lot of different stuff at events, we get this all the time here in the US with our Japanese setups, we are exotic and they like that, gets eyeballs and is memorable for the show. Having something on display gets tons of photos and videos posted to the web to maybe attract others in. Interacting with people directly can be more persuasive than just on the web and brings out different conversations.

it took a few years to get our Japanese n scale group going here in dc and attract a critical mass (and that was with a huge amount produced in n and easily and cheaply available), it takes work.

You have get up and do something if you want something new like this started. It ain’t gunna happen with you just demanding it because you want it. That’s life.

jeff

H0m is already used by German and Swiss modellers, the questions are:
1) if they're going to be there

2) if they're ok with Japanese rolling stock.

Currently working on a tanker, so, it's going forward.

Then contact the show organizers to see if they are coming and get contact info of the clubs and see if they are willing to let you come run. If not do something yourself. I would expect they would give you a free table to show off Japanese HOm if no other clubs are doing it.

do the German and Swiss modelers do the same gauge to scale of Japanese HOm?

jeff

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cteno4 said:

Then contact the show organizers to see if they are coming and get contact info of the clubs and see if they are willing to let you come run. If not do something yourself. I would expect they would give you a free table to show off Japanese HOn if no other clubs.

do the German and Swiss modelers do the same gauge to scale of Japanese HOn?

jeff

H0m* It's 1/87 scale 12mm gauge, representing 1000mm and 1067mm gauges of the prototype.

Very sorry, I’m dyslexic and I read right thru it and don’t see it when I do the n/m mistake. HOn3 has also been drilled into my brain for decades. I’ll try to stop that.

jeff

On 7/28/2021 at 11:46 PM, Jaco3011 said:

H0m is already used by German and Swiss modellers, the questions are:
1) if they're going to be there

2) if they're ok with Japanese rolling stock.

Currently working on a tanker, so, it's going forward.

Hi!

I guess chances are low. This year will be a noticeable smaller event. Usually 2 big halls and a smaller one are used for the event. In recent years more and more space was used for RC things. Sometimes a big pool was installed for RC ships and submarines(!). As far as I´ve seen they are still working on the exhibitor list. Let´s see then if some 1/87 12mm gauge layout will be presented.

bye, Tibor

And here is the plan of how we want to build our modules in Vienna 🙂 The area is 8m x 9m

the modules marked in red are mine.

IG Nippon Layout Wien.jpg

• Like 4

Unfortunatly the event has been postponed by the organizers to 2022.

bye, Tibor

P.S.: Can we please get this pandemic under control?

• Sad 3

Under control, seems very unlikely, lots of people were never ready to do what needed to be done to bring it under control. We will just have to live with a new endemic virus that hopefully will become less dangerous with time, and perhaps a few (many?) years of booster shots/yearly immunization until that happens. Now that the population that wanted to be vaccinated has been, in Western Europe at least, it seems a bit pointless to cancel public events. Is the incidence or ICU occupation in Austria that bad at the moment?

7 minutes ago, disturbman said:

Under control, seems very unlikely, lots of people were never ready to do what needed to be done to bring it under control. We will just have to live with a new endemic virus that hopefully will become less dangerous with time, and perhaps a few (many?) years of booster shots/yearly immunization until that happens. Now that the population that wanted to be vaccinated has been, in Western Europe at least, it seems a bit pointless to cancel public events. Is the incidence or ICU occupation in Austria that bad at the moment?

Hi,

In my opinion both (incidence and ICU occupation) is too high. I don´t have confirmation or hard evidence, but my closest guess is that the event would have not made enough revenue. For example the danube island festival will happen 2021, but limited to 42.000 registered tickets. The last couple years before Covid-19 the three day event had about 2.500.000 visitors. So the government allowed only 1/60 of the usual visitors. If I put the same restriction on the usually 65.000 visitors of the Modellbau Messe Wien, there are only around 2000 visitors left. I don´t think that their entrence fee even covers the rental costs of the location.

So, the background may be medical, but the reason is in my opinion economical.

Nevermind! So we have the opportunity to prepare an even more spectecular exhibition in 2022.

bye, Tibor

Hello,

The Modellbaumesse Wien will definitly not happen in 2021. They postponed it to spring or autumn 2022.

Never the less IG nippoN will hold it´s own event. It will be an online "Messe" at my place in Vienna, Austria. There is a space where I can present at least my straight modules.

During the event the German start up company Trainsetter will present their products. And it is planned that German IG nippoN member Patrick will show some of his work.

I want to present the latest models from 2020 and 2021, and give some insights to my IG nippoN and other modules.

I hope you can tune in on Sunday October 24th between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. middle european summer time, or watch it later.

live stream: https://youtu.be/vNGWMLEHkHM

thx & bye, Tibor

• Like 3

Tibor,

that’s a bummer but understandable. virtual event sounds good. I’ll try to watch some. CEST looks to be 6hrs ahead of EST so 4p-12a for us east coast us.

We did a train show a few weeks ago (first of train shows post covid) and sadly masks were only strongly suggested and i would say less than 25% were wearing them and 50% or more probably fit into some at risk category and with the usual politics overheard at this show I would guess many unvaccinated. It was in the big fairgrounds cow barns (very large warehouses), but few air blowers going (reason seemed to be they are noisy). All and all very disappointing and glad I only showed up to the end and teardown. 

jeff

• Szepessy changed the title to Modellbau Messe Wien 2022 (ex 2021)

Hello there,

news for the 2022 exhibition. Our space has grown to 10m by 15m. We have a (early) map where our place will be. Now it´s up to us to fill the 150m² (~180 square yard)

Shiniji has made some wonderful large radius curve modules. I´ve been working on small radius curves with tunnels, a large elevated tracks section, and some pivoting projects.

bye, Tibor

MBM22_Hallenplan_0722.JPG

• Like 3

Hello there!

As today I was asked by the exhibition managers where the power outlet should be, I have the strong feeling that the Modellbau Messe 2022 in Vienna, Austria (Europe) will happen.

Who sees the slightest opportunity, should visit us there 🙂

image.thumb.png.5d025fa985bd973affdd621be8ed40a8.png

image.png.105d7e80874d3327cd0482af298b2113.png

Thanks in advance!

Greetings, Tibor

• Like 2