DCC kato C62 number 2017-8

Hello everyone I am a forum egg, I am a lover of KATO N gage locomotives and I would like to try to digitize the 2017-8 Kato C62, I kindly wanted to ask if anyone can help me. Which type of decoder should I use? How should I connect the wires? Thank you very much. 

Romeo

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum Romeo!  

I did a DCC install in another variant of the 2017-# series a while back, but the process should be fairly similar for you.  This is fairly straightforward install, but everything is a tight fit so its best of have practice on some easier trains first.  

Thank you I will try to do this installation but I don't know which Decoder to use. If you can kindly give me some help on the Decoder

Thank you very much 

Romeo 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Thank you I will try to do this installation but I don't know which Decoder to use. If you can kindly give me some help on the Decoder

Thank you very much 

Romeo 

I used a Digitrax DZ123 decoder for mine.  They are cheap and fit nicely in the small space in the tender.  However any Z scale motor decoder should work, such as the ESU lokpilot or one of the offerings from TCS or NCE.  If you have any local modeling groups one of them may be able to help you find the local preferred brand.

• Like 1

Can you please tell me how to connect the wires of the Decoder for the headlight operation in DCC.

Thank you

Help me 😟