First Sankei project

John P Boogerd

John P Boogerd

Today I finished my first Sankei HO kit. Not perfect but I think it looks okay. 

A8237E72-A01B-46AD-87C0-1A21F9656680.jpeg

• Like 9

Looks great John. Fun to see them in HO I’ve only seen a couple that mark did in HO.

jeff

John P Boogerd

I finished my second HO Sankei kit. This is an izakaya restaurant or pub. I had a bit of trouble with this one getting everything to fit. It looks ok to me though. 

B46DBB6F-F72A-4E13-940C-90D12B257264.jpeg

• Like 5
John P Boogerd

Did the third of my three Sankei kits that i bought in Japan. It’s a small grocery store. 

7510D419-2714-4CFA-AF76-4BDD0F0408CF.jpeg

• Like 5

JPS,

Didn't realize how hard those kits were to build if one were critical of the geometry (which I am). Being HO it is less forgiving.

After watching a built on YT it looks like a few type of glues are needed as well as jigs to hold the sub pieces in place.

If the glue is too wet the piece will float and shift. Adding too much wet glue will cause the thin paper to warp. 

I'm thinking Glue sticks, spray adhesives and other paper glues are needed for each type of joints. Some points need contact

cement to avoid some areas from sagging.

I think I will order a few kits to learn from as I want to print my own kits.

In any case the HO kits show more than N Scale.

Inobu

• Like 1

I've used Tamiya Craft Bond when building mine. Seems to work great. Sticks well and has a fine point applicator that allows for small drops to be strategically placed. Sometimes less is more. It also hasn't warped any pieces for me yet.

Cheers eh,

Todd

• Like 1