Zenmarket issues

AbaZ33a

So I just had my first try at Zenmarket, and it didn’t go smoothly like I hoped. I topped up my account with credit in order to bid, and I put enough in order to pay for the item and the approximated shipping costs as instructed. However once I started bidding on an item I noticed that the seller declined my bids, and then I tried to bid again, but I was notified that the seller does not participate with Zenmarket. So essential I topped up with credit for a specific item I wanted to bid on and now it’s sold and I can’t find anything similar, and I’m tied up with 250 dollars in Zenmarket credit that I can’t get back. Does this happen often? I’m tempted to try another item but it’s even more expensive and I don’t wanna top up my credit more only for the same thing to happen again. 

Advice greatly appreciated. 

5AFB81C6-2B99-4B97-BC93-99E608EECE93.png

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear that Aba.  According to Zenmarket's website, you can withdraw the money you deposited with them and all the money will be returned to you.  Have you tried this method?

https://zenmarket.jp/en/payment.aspx

"Can I withdraw funds left on my balance?

You can withdraw funds left on your balance within 180 days from your last payment if you paid with PayPal, or with your credit or debit card (via Stripe). The withdrawal amount should not exceed the total amount of your payments made through the payment system during the last 180 days. If a withdrawal is made within 180 days from your last payment, the fee incurred for depositing those funds will also be refunded to you. To withdraw funds please go to the payment tab on "My Account" and push the "Withdraw" button.
Withdrawals are made manually, so it may take a couple of days to process.

Please note: You can only withdraw funds to the same account you used to add funds to your balance. For example, you can not add funds by PayPal and withdraw using Stripe or vice versa. You also can not add funds with one PayPal account and withdraw to a different one.
* During a withdrawal, unless your funds were deposited via bank transfer or CoinGate, no ZenMarket commission fee is taken. However, in some rare cases, the amount of the withdrawal might slightly differ from the amount that you paid when charging funds into your ZenMarket account. This may happen due to currency fluctuation, your bank system fees, or other various factors that aren't related to ZenMarket.

Please kindly note that withdrawal of cryptocurrency deposits is not available for the time being.

For withdrawals through TransferWise, their processing fee is 0.6%~2% of the amount (depending on the total/currency) plus a 500 yen bank transfer fee."

• Thanks 1
roadstar_na6

Not really an issue with ZenMarket but rather a seller who doesn't want the maximum money he could get. I had that happen to me before, I bid 1000¥ on some E851 blueprints and they sold for 810¥ to somebody even tho the highest bid (mine) was at 820¥ when the auction ended. I was wondering what happened and asked ZM about it, they told me the seller deleted my bid and there's really nothing you can do about it. Karma served him tho, as he got a negative review from ZM and another negative review from YAJ on top of it for deleting my bid :D

Patience really is the key when you're hunting for something rare, don't overspend as even rare items pop up within reasonable time frames 🙂

Edited by roadstar_na6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Sorry to hear that Aba.  According to Zenmarket's website, you can withdraw the money you deposited with them and all the money will be returned to you.  Have you tried this method?

https://zenmarket.jp/en/payment.aspx

"Can I withdraw funds left on my balance?

You can withdraw funds left on your balance within 180 days from your last payment if you paid with PayPal, or with your credit or debit card (via Stripe). The withdrawal amount should not exceed the total amount of your payments made through the payment system during the last 180 days. If a withdrawal is made within 180 days from your last payment, the fee incurred for depositing those funds will also be refunded to you. To withdraw funds please go to the payment tab on "My Account" and push the "Withdraw" button.
Withdrawals are made manually, so it may take a couple of days to process.

Please note: You can only withdraw funds to the same account you used to add funds to your balance. For example, you can not add funds by PayPal and withdraw using Stripe or vice versa. You also can not add funds with one PayPal account and withdraw to a different one.
* During a withdrawal, unless your funds were deposited via bank transfer or CoinGate, no ZenMarket commission fee is taken. However, in some rare cases, the amount of the withdrawal might slightly differ from the amount that you paid when charging funds into your ZenMarket account. This may happen due to currency fluctuation, your bank system fees, or other various factors that aren't related to ZenMarket.

Please kindly note that withdrawal of cryptocurrency deposits is not available for the time being.

For withdrawals through TransferWise, their processing fee is 0.6%~2% of the amount (depending on the total/currency) plus a 500 yen bank transfer fee."

I had no idea that I could even withdraw my money back, that’s great news, if another auction fails me in the same way or I can’t find anything else suitable then I’ll give it a shot. I’m glad it’s not a one way street. 

• Like 2