JR Hakubi Line Video by Nimo5

Tony Galiani

Tony Galiani

There's no logic to this but I am quite taken with this video.  Don't know why I find the setting and trains so captivating but I do.  Have watched this and the second volume a couple of times.  And RG-Rokko has the EF-64 at a very reasonable price - must resist as I have far too many modelling ideas as it is!

The ads can be a bit jarring unfortunately but the overall video is really nice.

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

• Like 5

Nimo5 makes wonderful videos.  The rainy season ads an richness to the landscape not seen elsewhere. No ads with AdBlock Plus.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Thanks 1

Those JR West Limited Expresses are very attractive. I don't own any models specific to the JR West region, with the exception of Shinkansen and blue trains but it is becoming increasingly difficult to resist. I used to think the colours schemes were all a bit garish or the local trains were boring grey and brown but having spent numerous trips around the Kansai area I am becoming a lot more attracted to those trains.

Tony Galiani

Yesterday evening, I searched and found most of the rolling stock shown in the video.  Not sure about the yellow EMUs though I plan to search again later.  Hopefully, I will come to my senses and not order anything - sometimes, when I procrastinate, the items get sold and I am saved from myself!

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

Yesterday evening, I searched and found most of the rolling stock shown in the video.  Not sure about the yellow EMUs though I plan to search again later.  Hopefully, I will come to my senses and not order anything - sometimes, when I procrastinate, the items get sold and I am saved from myself!

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

They're 115 Series 2-car sets, converted from 4-car sets that were split in half and rebuilt with driving cabs on the non-cab-end.

http://photozou.jp/photo/show/1793811/185696938

I'm pretty sure Greenmax made them sometime ago, otherwise, a kitbash isn't too difficult.

• Like 1
Tony Galiani

Thanks for that info.  It clarifies some references I found but did not quite understand.  Not sure that will help me resist temptation though.  Fortunately, I have a busy music weekend starting this evening so likely no modelling or model buying for me for the next few days.

On the other hand, in the Vol 2 video of the Hakubi Line, there are some views of a Kiha 120.  And wouldn't you know it - Tomix is releasing a model of it next month .....

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

• Like 1