T-Trak Surburban-Style

lighthouse

lighthouse

Hello to each other,

After a long time I have now decided to use the T-Trak system for future exhibitions in addition to the IG-Nippon modules. The reason is the even earlier elimination of the hobby room in the next 2 years. As a result, I don't have the option to put larger modules down. The small T-Traks fit neatly on the shelves in the basement and therefore take up less space than expected.

It starts with a T-Trak Single (from TrainSetter GbR) to research several methods for the future T-Traks. Because I haven't had a lot of experience in building landscapes and detailing. A suburban scene is envisaged, similar to Hakodate or Sapporo, with warehouses, company buildings and residential buildings close together. There are also plans to illuminate vehicles and houses. The period of the presentation (autumn) is somewhere between 1990 and 2014, as this period is completely covered by my collection. I think it will be a lot of work and I suspect that the module is overloaded with too many details.

In the picture, the first steps, gluing the tracks with power supply and positioning the catenary masts. But I will not use the Kato plate-parts to build the masts because the distance between the pantograph and the overheadwire is too big. I would like to reduce the distance from a maximum of 2mm. The distance between the masts is 155mm and 76.5mm to the edges with a 1mm gap to the next T-Trak.

Regards,

Ulli

Hakodate-Style 01.jpg

• Like 6
lighthouse

It take a little bit of time, but now I am nearly finished with the ballast of the tracks. Now I have to wait for hardening of the glue. Then I can start the color treatment

004.thumb.jpg.0ed0ee153e75dea91bc5d02b27d1de74.jpg

003.thumb.jpg.71b156a9a8c8d188ef8de5b9e7bb16f1.jpg

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Today I used the waiting time to continue tinkering with the almost completed Sankei building.
A little vegetation and an upgraded transporter from Tomytec make the small scene look a little more attractive.
An interior design for the office was actually planned. But in my opinion, you can't see these details through the small windows anyway.
I will cover the windows with a "frosted glass" film to cover the bare office. The only thing missing from the building is the rain gutters ... But I haven't been able to find them yet ... or rather, I forgot to order them 🙄

Kobayashi-san is now off to the end of the day and has already loaded the van for tomorrow's route.

134005509_WhatsAppImage2021-12-25at13_28_18.thumb.jpeg.01e1c27fb6c852e9a61c7f8b59ab5126.jpeg

1857487973_WhatsAppImage2021-12-25at13_28_39.thumb.jpeg.fa618e726a14f628173b5c59afc63dfc.jpeg

Next week I will continue to work on the T-Trak as the last material has arrived before the holidays.

Best regards,

Ulli

• Like 6
On 12/25/2021 at 8:23 AM, lighthouse said:

The only thing missing from the building is the rain gutters ... But I haven't been able to find them yet ... or rather, I forgot to order them 🙄

does someone make gutters? I’ve often wondered why sankei doesn’t do some 3D printed detail upgrade sets for buildings. Or other garage companies.

jeff

Yeah best I’ve found as well 040 half round, that’s about scale at like 6”. I think plastruct make some 030. But half round at times feels a tad shallow in profile. But it’s so small it’s really hard to see at any distance.

jeff

On 12/27/2021 at 2:37 AM, cteno4 said:

does someone make gutters? I’ve often wondered why sankei doesn’t do some 3D printed detail upgrade sets for buildings. Or other garage companies.

jeff

Hi Jeff, some german brands like Auhagen or Faller make some parts. But, I think I make the gutters by my self.

Now the overview of the current status of the module. Let's see how far I can get this week ... You can see the fully graveled (gravel from Koemo) double tracks from Kato, the company of Mr. Kobayashi and the new T-Trak overhead lines (155mm long) from TrainSetter GbR: D

1489079118_WhatsAppImage2021-12-28at19_44_56.thumb.jpeg.1c75f23f9a8e85383927cbfbd8bbc313.jpeg

Best regards,

Ulli

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 6