DHL issues

cteno4

13 hours ago, marknewton said:

I should also mention that I'm only 30km from the airport where the parcel entered the country, and 15km from DHL's local delivery centre. 

I don't know what pisses me off more - their apparent incompetence, or the fact that I'm paying good money for this. Because DHL is more expensive than EMS was, and their service is absolutely inferior. I'll be very glad when EMS is available again. 

Cheers,

Mark.

Bummer.

Took 2 days from Sydney to Sunshine Coast to get my last parcel.

Even gets left at the post office so I do t have to organise a re-delivery.  Might be a ruralized option for me though as DHL uses auspost to deliver in my area.

maihama eki
18 hours ago, Szdfan said:

I’m a little worried about using DHL in my corner of Colorado (La Junta area). I’ve never seen any of their delivery trucks in the area. UPS is pretty good and delivering to us, but FEDEX can’t figure out where we live. They’ve delivered several packages to the neighbor, who is kinda nuts and never passes the packages on to us. I’d hate to lose something from Japan like that.

La Junta is a little out there for sure. The only time I see a DHL van in my neighborhood in Colorado Springs is when I am getting a package. I think they may come from Denver, although there is an address for a DHL facility of some sort near the Colorado Springs airport. We get DHL deliveries at my work facility on a regular basis.

• Like 1

I’m actually sort of surprised our local DHL is not better quality given living in the DC area. We given have black cat trucks here there are so many international residents. Added to that our zip code has one of the highest densities of USPS packages per residential address in the US and UPS and FedEx trucks cruising by several times a day, so I gotta figure there are a lot of DHL deliveries. But I guess if overworked they just end up doing a poor job, but all the other services do very well around here with tons of deliveries.

jeff

Martijn Meerts

I've been using DHL mostly for packages from RG-Rokko, and I've not had any issues with it at all. Delivery is fast, customs declaration is much faster than regular mail, and they have a local delivery service here with great tracking, so I know exactly when they're coming.

Interestingly, if I order something from the Netherlands or Germany and ship that with DHL, it's nowhere near as good as from Japan, although pretty sure those are different services.

For me, EMS is what a lot of people here seem to have with DHL. There's no local EMS, so EMS packages get delivered to customs, usually take 2 weeks to clear, and then get sent to the nearest pickup point using the regular mail, where I need to also pay import. In a lot of cases I don't get a notification that a package is waiting for pickup, so I need to check track and trace daily.

Last week I watched the DHL driver stop halfway along the walk to our front door and frisbee the box 15’ to our front door. Didn’t make it under the roof over the door and it was drizzling and walkway very wet so would have been soaked if I did not grab it right away…

Luckily it was just a tomytec mech, building, and a few parts and contents undamaged. Im really beginning to avoid DHL here now, it’s wonderful for thousands of kilometers and then the last 25 meters it’s been hell…

jeff

• Confused 2
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Last week I watched the DHL driver stop halfway along the walk to our front door and frisbee the box 15’ to our front door. Didn’t make it under the roof over the door and it was drizzling and walkway very wet so would have been soaked if I did not grab it right away…

Did you say anything to him? I'm not a fan of DHL at all, mostly because of their suspect business practices, but your guy seems to be more than a few steps beyond the pale. I wonder if the company knows about this miscreant. 

Edited by gavino200
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Luckily it was just a tomytec mech, building, and a few parts and contents undamaged. Im really beginning to avoid DHL here now, it’s wonderful for thousands of kilometers and then the last 25 meters it’s been hell…

jeff

That is a call to the main DHL number and a strong complaint.  Before touching it I would have taken pictures of where it landed, its condition, etc.

I complain to UPS  and Amazon and stuff when their drivers are stupid and would do DHL as well

Luckily my DHL is always good 

3 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Did you say anything to him? I'm not a fan of DHL at all, mostly because of their suspect business practices, but your guy seems to be more than a few steps beyond the pale. I wonder if the company knows about this miscreant. 

I saw it from the window and by the time I got to the door he was driving out the driveway. I usually don’t see the same driver, and probably why I keep getting different wild behaviors. When they use to do signatures (that stopped pre covid) it was usually the same chap, but the last 2 years or so seems random. The same guy probably left the package behind the car to back over (that’s happened 3 times). The local maybe contracted delivery company must pay awful wages and they just don’t care.

ive been sending in complaints to the president of DHL and it does get responses sometimes. Last year it even went to the local dispatch and things were better for a few months, but this year is slipping back to chaos again and hopefully it gets escalated again.

btw Amazon kicked me off doing reviews a few years back with the response I was paid for my reviews. Of course I never did that and never took discounts or products in turn for reviews and have nothing to do at all with any seller on amazon. I always tired to be positive and fair in reviews and pointed out the pros and cons I found. But they won’t tell you what exact review or language they said was in violation of their rules. I went back and forth contesting this and the emails for this secret department got more and more nasty in response. one cs agent let loose that they were now doing most of this with an AI in this closed department to the rest of Amazon so of course it would have no answers to why it did what it did and it would just keep bouncing me as if it thought so the first time it would just keep coming up with the same result. Finally they said to just shut up they would no longer talk to me (well it was never talking as all the emails were just templates and live cs could not do anything but send in a dispute notice.) they also removed all my reviews.

I gave up but it meant I could not ask or answer questions and that got annoying and I just started to really actively reduce Amazon use. Finally I decided to try again and I got two pretty nasty worded emails basically saying I was a bad person and shut up and don’t write back or else. So I did a quick Google search and one site said to write jeff the bozo an email so I did outlining what happened. Bam! One hour later I get an email from the sekret department saying earlier emails were a mistake and they were so sorry. All privileges restored and the even restored all my old reviews (Amazon never deletes any data)! While my namesake of course did not read it at least someone did and it was corrected. so was worth the email to bozo.

It’s just so ironic that Amazon would have an AI verifying itself! Never heard of checks and balances jeff?

cheers

jeff

• Haha 1

Yeah, I wrote to Jeff the Bozo about something once that pissed me off and a guy was on the line very fast to fix things up.  It was about a package they claimed they had delivered (just a quarter hour before), but was not at my door, and they didn't have the usual picture of it, and the CS said I had to wait a few days, to which I answered NO.  

I just wanted them to contact their driver to follow up with it in case it was left at the wrong house but they said it was illegal to contact their drivers because it was dangerous, or some such non-sense.  This corp office guy sent me out a new one right away and when a few days later a guy on my street brought the package by, I contacted Amazon and they said to just keep the extra one.

I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon.  I love that stuff gets to my house really fast -- even occasionally same day.  And with the Amazon branded Prime Visa from Chase (speaking of US here) I can get 5% back on all my Amazon purchases.   But I dislike their arrogant "big tech" attitude.

We have two very large Amazon distribution center buildings about a mile or two from my house.  Luckily all their trucks take the divided state highway about 2 miles east of here to get there and not the 2 lane non divided state highway that is very near my house and on which the distribution centers sit.  From what I hear from people in the neighborhood who work for Amazon, they like it.

• Like 1

Last week I ordered some rolling stock from RG Rokko. The time passed from when RG Rokko posted it in Kobe until it reached me in Linköping was under 48 hours. Here in Sweden we have reason to be happy about DHL. 😀

• Like 2

Yeah it’s wicked fast here as well, usually 2 days in transit. Just wish the local courier could just set it on the door step! Sadly the local deliver is contracted out in many places and I think here they have squeezed the profit out of the contract and service then is you get what DHL has paid for… all of our other delivery services here are great on the last bit of the journey.

jeff

I'm happy I don't have to worry about home delivery here, but can just go pick it up at the pickup place.

• Like 1

At this point I wish we could do that here! Otherwise DHL has been very good for 99.999% of my packages’ journey!

just got EMS early delivery notice today, first in a year or so and 4 days so seems back on track to precovid times.

jeff

• Like 1
On 5/26/2021 at 9:35 AM, katoftw said:

Even gets left at the post office so I do t have to organise a re-delivery.  Might be a ruralized option for me though as DHL uses auspost to deliver in my area.

DHL also use Australia Post here for final delivery. Once AP has the parcel it moves very quickly, often arriving on the same day as they receive it, and never later than the next day. Our young delivery bloke is a legend. 

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 1

Mark you think the chap wants to relocate to DC?! I love our USPS postman, he is fantastic, but his fill ins are usually a disaster…

jeff